The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the ten participants will now be entered into the draw. I’ll be taking a video of the draw next weekend and mail out the tone dropper bridge pickup to the winner.

I have thought about this a lot. Here’s a way to up your chances (the ten buyers from last fall). Give a comment here about which v-pick you like and why by Friday and I’ll put another ballot for you in the same hat.

I’ll be drawing 2 more names for runner up prizes. These will be 1 free v-pick sent to your friend of choice.

Draw is next weekend.

Feel free to remind me about the draw at [email protected] I’ve been swamped lately. Can’t forget the draw tho.

Thanks fellas.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Not one of the 10 - but I am fully converted to the Bulls Eye Ghost Rim after Sambonee sent me a little "sampler" pack a while ago. My youngest now "only" plays Traditional Lite... If he's feeling fancy, one of the glow-in-the-dark ones.

Good luck to the participants.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
What's a tone dropper?
LOL. Pretty sure he is talking about me, I lose a few tones all the time.

Speaking of dropping ... I’ve figured out V-Picks business model! If you ever drop one of the clear ones, well, you’ll need to order more ‘cause you won’t find it again. It is much worse than couch cushions.

Regarding my preference, I seem to be boring, the Traditional Lite is the pick I chose by default now ... or I did, until I dropped it. I am checking the vacuum every week to see if it has turned up. Using the second one in the meantime and holding on to it for dear life.

Honourable mention goes to the Billie Gibbons commemorative Trad Lite. I don’t generally collect memorabilia, but this one is staying in the envelope ... ‘cause otherwise I might drop it and that will be that.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
I have some clear V picks which BTW I <3.

I put some glitter nail polish right at the of the arch and now if I drop it I can find it. Easy peasy.

Borrow your better half’s nail polish. A little dab will do ya. It really does the trick

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I put some glitter nail polish right at the of the arch and now if I drop it I can find it. Easy peasy.

Borrow your better half’s nail polish. A little dab will do ya.
That’s a good suggestion. Until you pointed out to borrow my wife’s, I did briefly consider changing to “the other side” so that I could buy glitter nail polish without embarrassment. Good call, that was close.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Tone dropper was a typo! I meant tone dropper.

Best way to find them is to shut the lights and move a flashlight to and fro while looking. The reflection on the pick will also move and you’ll see it right away.

Thanks for the comments.
Too much work. Gotta find a flashlight first. In my house? Almost impossible. Lol

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
LOL. Pretty sure he is talking about me, I lose a few tones all the time.

Speaking of dropping ... I’ve figured out V-Picks business model! If you ever drop one of the clear ones, well, you’ll need to order more ‘cause you won’t find it again. It is much worse than couch cushions.

Regarding my preference, I seem to be boring, the Traditional Lite is the pick I chose by default now ... or I did, until I dropped it. I am checking the vacuum every week to see if it has turned up. Using the second one in the meantime and holding on to it for dear life.

Honourable mention goes to the Billie Gibbons commemorative Trad Lite. I don’t generally collect memorabilia, but this one is staying in the envelope ... ‘cause otherwise I might drop it and that will be that.

They'll also snap in half if you fidgit with them in your pocket. Learned that on Thursday evening.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I love my V picks. I have a handful; Storyteller, Red Rocker, and the big fat Pachelli (now that’s different).

But the best is the Mummy - it just screams! Seriously, I didn’t think I was going to like it but the grip of it is really cool.

Thank you @Alex and @sambonee
for introducing me to these very good picks.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
I wasn't in the contest either, but I'll chime in. :)

My favorites are the Farley, Pearly Gates, Small pointed and Euro II.
Any of those will do, but the Farley has been used a lot lately.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I use my cell -light all the time. Works wonders.

@sulphur is right. The Farley is a magical pick. Feels thin, is fat as fudge, makes the girls go wild and has a tone like a sledge hammer (in a good way).

You know it’s been so long since the last contest I should run another one right after the draw !!!

Whoever gets this TONE DRIPPER pickup is gonna love it.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
I use my cell -light all the time. Works wonders.

@sulphur is right. The Farley is a magical pick. Feels thin, is fat as fudge, makes the girls go wild and has a tone like a sledge hammer (in a good way).

You know it’s been so long since the last contest I should run another one right after the draw !!!

Whoever gets this TONE DRIPPER pickup is gonna love it.
Never heard of the Farley. How thick is it? This sounds like a pick for me, very substantial. Are you coming to RW this year? If so, I will catch you there.

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
Trad lite. And the mummy.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ok so here is the list
Please lmk who you are. I seem to have not much laced the handles of the participants by the records I have.

Two have withdrawn.

Lmk ASAP so that we can draw! And as per my above comment, those who sos their write up here will get an extra ticket added to the box.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts