The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can you tell me about the prices for their medium large and extra-large coffees?

They are $1.77, $1.98 and $2.19

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts
Not sure about the prices, but their coffee tastes like shit ever since they sold out to Wendy's. I get my Java from McDs now.

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thinking outside the box. Does that pricing tell you anything? It's what I'm thinking of on my morning drive

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Early for me too so I'm not quite seeing the point of this, other than the fact that they will make a couple of extra cents per coffee now that pennies are gone. But those prices include tax, so it is actually the government's fault as Tim's before tax prices are rounder numbers.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Wasn't there something a year or two ago about two of their sizes being the same volume of product.
I think maybe the only difference between the large and extra large was the price.
I don't know really,I have a cup or two before I leave the house and that's it for the day 99.9% of the time.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Their regular coffee is rather flat and diluted. Since I have retired in 2015, I have had three, all when I had to wait for something and I had an hour or so to kill. I forgot twice to ask for Dark Roast. It was even flatter that I remembered. Dark roast was still tolerable. Haven't had a coffee from mega-corp McD's since before I retired. I make my own at home. Got it down to a science - 100x + better according my taste buds.

Reactions: WCGill and jdto

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's early so I'm still struggling with the fact that you've quoted 3 prices but only 2 sizes of coffee. Unless, of course, there should have been a comma between medium and large :)
I was using talk to text. And still am.

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I though it might be pricing so price + tax come out to round, penniless number that they don't have to round up or down, but that wasn't it.
That's the thing. I think they're purposely keeping it to a point where they can collect those pennies.

All of their numbers allow them to round up. I know at the end of the day that extra money has to be accounted for, but it's still got to go down as prophet.

How'd you like that word choice, Dave?

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pricing tells me they like to round up for a little extra coin out of you.
Nice one. Now if we could just figure out how many coffees they sell a day and a rough idea as to how many use debit vs. Kash.

Hi, don't kill me on that one Dave

·
Administrator
15,984 Posts
That's the thing. I think they're purposely keeping it to a point where they can collect those pennies.

All of their numbers allow them to round up. I know at the end of the day that extra money has to be accounted for, but it's still got to go down as prophet.

How'd you like that word choice, Dave?

If I knew you were going to do that it would make me a profit :)

1 - 20 of 114 Posts