The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O.k... so here's a question from WAY out in left field....

I'm trying to find a source for the CLIPS that come with Tie-clip microphones... You 'd think it'd be easy, but nooooo... Nexxtech wants, get this, 18 BUCKS for the clip alone! (They also want 15 bucks for the foam wind-screen on it's own!! get that! HA!)
So I donno.... I've tried 'aligator clips' as you'd find in electronics work or in your finest Head-Shop, and they work for what I want, sort of....
But I'd sure love to lay hands on the tie-clip clips....

Know of any good 'bulk-parts stores'? Any other suggestions?

?:confused-smiley-010?

(Oh ya... this is in an effort to build a better guitar-pick holder)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
clips?

Just a thought.

what about the paper clips, black, with the 2 rings that fold back to squeeze open, fold forward flat past the "throat"? Any office supply storewill have them.

did find a site for electronics that had mike clips but I never paid attention to the prices, was looking for XLR jacks. audiogear.com (i have not dealt with them)

cheers
Wriff Wrath

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's called a Bulldog Clip (or sometimes a Binder Clip) and ya.. I've tried them, and they don't work very well.

I found a source for make-your-own tie clips... so I'm likely gonna go with those...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
It sounds like you are looking for "Lapel Clips". I usually go to the dollar store and buy a cheap set of headphones when I need one. You can also get them from the cell phone accessories section.

I'm sure you could find a source for them in bulk on google, if you needed them in a large quantity.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can find 'em in bulk lemme know, cause my searches have been fruitless

1 - 7 of 7 Posts