The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
That's awful. Having worked in an arena, ammonia refrigerant is really nasty stuff and can't imagine how horrible a major leak would be.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
My deepest condolences to the families and loved ones.

As someone who makes his living in those types of environments I really feel for them. Air quality is my biggest concern most days. I never know when im around the corner from a pocket of H2S or something like that.

·
Registered
24,358 Posts
When my wife worked reviewing WHMIS sheets, and combing the clinical and research literature for the latest info on hazardous chemicals, she would read about workplace incidents like this on a regular basis. If it wasn't ammona, it was something else where appropriate precautions were not taken.

Thankfully, she now works in food safety, where the worst things she has to read about are how many mice or rats died when exposed to something.

But the Fernie thing is a damn shame. People trying to maintain a rink so kids can skate and play hockey shouldn't have to die for that sort of thing.

·
Registered
9,308 Posts
I'm wondering about the public fallout. Somewhere you know there's a mother who's concerned about her kid skating at the local rink without a gas mask.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts