The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if anyone has one of the new stadium HT's and is willing to share their thoughts on them. I was looking into buying one as I do not have a telecaster style guitar, but the only demo posted doesn't really showcase much.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
@ 750 dollar price range Canadian seems to be a decent guitar.
Here is a video that kinda tells you all about it.
G.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ye I have seen a bunch of footage describing it but unfortunately not many demo's of the tone.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
there are a thousand variables that influence tone...
pedals, amplifier, pedal and amplifier settings, and many many more.
Just because someone can get a good tone in a well produced video doesn't mean that much to me anymore.
Actually, the total opposite is true....I see many videos where they get terrible tone out of a perfectly good guitars and amplifier setup.
G.

Reactions: TheYanChamp

·
Registered
EJ Strat, Ibanez AZ, '62 Thinskin Tele, EBMM Silhouette Special, Carvin Holdsworth HF2
278 Posts
I don't have this one, but I've owned or tried a fair number of Godin guitars in the past.

I found their maple necks are pretty consistent regardless of the model: flat, fast and thin. 12" radius and a bit wider to avoid fretting out.

I think Godin started getting more serious about winding their own pickups with the Passion RG-3. I borrowed one for a time. That guitar was a showcase for what they could do. The pickups on the RG-3 were hotter than vintage strat output, but still in normal single coil range. I found they were well-balanced. You basically get what you put in.

I imagine the pickups on this guitar are similar. Maybe a bit more twang in the bridge for the tele thing.

The guitar body is basswood. Not the sexiest tone wood, but nothing wrong with it either. I always recommend checking for weight. I've owned Godins that were light as a feather or total boat anchors-- sometimes within the same model.

Godin knows how to make a comfortable, fast-playing guitar for the money. I don't always like their pickup choices or electronics, but that can easily be changed.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't know about this one specifically but I do own a 2018 '59 Stadium Custom from them. I absolutely love that guitar. Easily one of my most versatile guitars with outstanding build quality for the money. That's the one with the Duncan in the neck and the Godin Custom Cajun pickup in the bridge. I really like the Godin one, surprisingly. I'm not sure if they are making these in house or having them imported from overseas, but the sound of it is great. Quite a bit hotter than your regular Fender fare but cleans up nicely and can get you some excellent country twang. The revoice circuit they have is crazy as well and incredibly useful. I find I use it live all the time when I'm sitting in another guitarists frequency range. It seems to add or remove just enough to put your sound in a different area without engaging the other guy in a volume knob war :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts