The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I have one with a CR speaker currently in stock cabinet (12" would be interesting for sure). Wasn't a fan until I figured out that you have to turn it up (duh, I know). Now ... it's just awesome. It might be sacrilege to say so, but I think of it as a high-powered Champ.

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love mine but it's now residing in a 1x12 tweed cab. 12" speaker and a bigger cab opens it right up.
What 12" are you using in it?

My main amp for the last 17 years has been a 1x10, so I'm pretty used to tens, but it was a little hard to get used to at first. 12's are great.

·
Administrator
15,986 Posts
What 12" are you using in it?

My main amp for the last 17 years has been a 1x10, so I'm pretty used to tens, but it was a little hard to get used to at first. 12's are great.
I have a C-Rex in it right now but it also loves my Scumnico.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
@LexxM3 Dedicated to you, my friend!

You got it, Dave. That video totally represent what I was talking about. At about 4, only one girl materializes out of thin air and she isn’t even dancing all that well. But at 6-8, they all come out (the girls and the dudes) and really start moving. LOL.

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have one with a CR speaker currently in stock cabinet (12" would be interesting for sure). Wasn't a fan until I figured out that you have to turn it up (duh, I know). Now ... it's just awesome. It might be sacrilege to say so, but I think of it as a high-powered Champ.
CR speaker?

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a 12 inch Cannabis Rex that I put in a 60's Traynor I had. When I sold the amp I took the Eminence out and kept it.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I had one for 4 or 5 years, very good little amp but I agree you need to turn it up to really appreciate it. I also second the speaker swap recommendation, I put an Emi Ramrod in it and really liked the change.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts