The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The scammers are getting better - I actually read this one twice:

Screenshot_2018-08-20-08-31-06.png

If I actually received more than 3 e-mails a day, I might have been convinced. Now that I've got some coffee in me I can see the tell-tale signs of a scam a little more clearly, but they are getting closer to the mark.

I should probably call my mom.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
The ones I really love are the ones that tell me they are going to send video of me doing bad things to all of my contacts and that in order to stop them I have to send them bitcoin money immediately. And sometimes I will answer back that they should send out to all of my contacts the video they have of me as my little camera has been taped over since I bought my computer.
Wow email monitoring team holy molly batman I think we ought to pow curbang swoosh and then kick them in the ass for not telling you sooner, oh wait I am always happy to loose emails just seems like to many folks have mine at times.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Wife and I are getting tired of some asian ( translated Mandarin by a friend ) calling us to tell us that our child has been kidnapped and that we need to send money to mainland china to get them back we keep telling them to keep them but alas they always show up for free meals and occasional dad I need to borrow $600.00 till next payday.
God we are thinking of paying them so that they keep them next time and my poor wife ( on her phone ) is going to be arrested for not paying her income tax bill in card money I don't get why she just doesn't go and get that $16,500.00 so she won't get arrested by the tax peoples with very East Indian accents gee whiz what is her problem I don't want to visit her in jail.

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
A couple of years ago, a friend received one of these calls. He and his wife asked to talk to their son so they put him on the phone. He actually sounded like their son and they weren't sure it wasn't him. One of them slipped away and called his cell and he answered. It was a scam. They were quite upset about the whole ordeal but it ended well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts