The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts

2017 SG Custom
Any idea what that patch is under the pickguard? Perhaps 'fingerprint identification'? Like James Bond's gun, only the registered user can fire that baby!

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts
It's just a reflection.
Nahh, that's too simple. It's gotta be some secret new tech (a la robo-tuning), like auto-whammying or a random pickup selection generator. Perhaps a cloaking device so you look like you're playing air guitar.

This is Gibson, it's got to be something expensive that no one wants. :D

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Nice.

I never liked block inlays, but they wouldn't be a deal breaker. Generally I love a good SG, great tone, great feel in spite of the neck dive, great history.

·
Registered
14,893 Posts
That would nicely match my Les Paul...

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Black and gold usually do look nice together but they still remind me of Batman.

P

·
0 Posts
Are the new Gibson's using composite (sawdust glued together then dyed) fret board material? I don't think they are using the regular wood for fret boards since they got caught colluding with the wood poachers abroad.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Are the new Gibson's using composite (sawdust glued together then dyed) fret board material? I don't think they are using the regular wood for fret boards since they got caught colluding with the wood poachers abroad.
It's richlite. Great material to be using for fretboards IMO. Feels great.

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
I have to say it just gorgeous. It's decked out in two very harmonious colours, black and gold!

I am thinking AC/DC.
Does anyone have any info on how many SG's Angus has? What years? So on and so forth!

Sorry for the somewhat derailment of this thread but what the hell. I couldn't help myself.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts