The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seriously, this is messing with my head, trying to follow WTF they are doing

I thought YES, King Crimson, and Emerson Lake and Palmer were challenging to listen to, sometimes

but it is kind of refreshing

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
I have a migraine.

I rather listen to the previously mentioned bands! They were so "alternative" compared to other bands back in the day and away a head of their time! Brain salad surgery comes to mind! The Court of the Crimson King! I just love that song. How could we forget Roundabout! How many times did I play that one song on vinyl?Just after I purchased some excellent Cerwin Vega stereo speakers! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,490 Posts
They have Zappa to thank for their mini success. A bunch of other artists are fans as well.

The Shaggs - Wikipedia

I read somewhere that during the recording of one song, one of the sisters stopped playing because she thought she had messed up and requested that they start over to the amazement of the recording engineer. Folklore has it that they played it exactly the same.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, yes I read about that...the engineer couldn't tell where the mistake was

THE WHOLE THING IS A MISTAKE

lol

Reactions: Lola

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Hard (make that very, very hard, like torture) to listen to and hard to look at.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Looking at the picture for 2 seconds was bad enough so I didn't listen to whatever it is that they do.

·
Premium Member
13,092 Posts
I made it to 1:01 before I was screamed loud enough to drown it out.

You really can't put Yes, ELP and King Crimson in the same universe as this, even remotely, even as a massive stretch of the imagination metaphor.

Reactions: bolero and Lola

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I had downed a six pack of Molson Canadian by the ten minute mark, then I had to go piss, I couldn't go back, no more bear, drinking Irish whiskey was out of the question, why spoil a good whiskey on the rock drink listening to that.
B#(*

·
Premium Member
17,199 Posts
Weirder than free jazz?

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I listened to the whole thing. I enjoyed it. Very childish. Just shut down your preconceptions and let it happen.

I will listen to this again and again.

Be sure to check out the story of the sisters and their family. This would make an absolutely wonderful movie.

Off to eBay to hopefully find the vinyl album.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
way better than Yoko!!

Reactions: zontar

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sounds better the 2nd time thru

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I just bought a vinyl copy on eBay.

My blues-wankin buddies will hate it, but this is going to be a real hit with my more imaginative friends...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts