The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
A lot of unknowledgable people getting ripped off by these copys too . It's a shame this is allowed and I don't understand why ebay allows it when it is so ovious :mad:

Same thing has happened with other high priced items like Rolex watches with very good copies out there that even fool jewelers :eek:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ditto to nitehawk55. Wonder how many of these are on being offered on ebay as originals? I'll do my shopping locally thanks.

Regards:smilie_flagge17:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Name on the headstock tells the story ... genuine Gibsun Guitar, they have been around for a while..

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
And the actual name of the guitar, in their description says "Gibson"...spelled correctly. There has to be some grounds there for a lawsuit by Gibson (the real company)...

·
Registered
874 Posts
The almighty dollar is what keeps this sort of thing going. Ebay has known about stuff like this forever and Chinese companies are just not worth the hassle to sue.

·
Registered
561 Posts
In the last few days, there have been several of these for sale locally (on BB's like kijiji and CL) for $700+....and we're getting calls asking if we'd recommend them YIKES!!!!:eek:

where's homeland security when it's needed????

Andy

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guitars

The Gibson name on the headstock is off slightly, and The MOP on the Custom looks smaller..probably plastic.

But look at the Fender and Gretsch...They spelt the name right on them...

I did Contact Gibson , and they told me they are working with ebay to get them outta there.

I think personally its a scam.. The guitars if there is any come from China...They get your money and, there is no Contact number to call, if you have a problem.

Rick

·
Premium Member
13,045 Posts
Ah yes. Good old laissez-faire capitalism is infecting China like foot and mouth disease at a cattle love-in

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I actually had a very lengthy conversation on msn with the owner of that business...
And??? Something tells me there is a story here.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
dhgate.com seems to be an ebay styled clearinghouse for chinese made goods including knockoff guitars. A 2007 beautiful new electric guitar Gibson Note that the neck has not one but two serial numbers and they are different.

·
Registered
561 Posts
what if the factory next door makes knockoff carbon monoxide detectors and the one across the street, knock off brake pads?.......:mad:

maybe I'll call the garage and ask them if they're a good deal?

Andy

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts