The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been keeping an eye out for a 4x12 so I can start trying amp heads instead of combos. This one includes what I think is a solid state head. Is this a good deal? Would the cab sound good with other heads (i.e. H&K Grandmiester)?

Here's the ad copy:
LINE 6 Spider III stereo amplifier 150 amp. 75 watts per side And Line 6 peddle PRICE IS FIRM
Great condition. A few scratches and a small ding on the back but does nothing to the sound. Amp and peddle come together for great effects... Very loud.

Electronic instrument Guitar amplifier Musical instrument Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
766 Posts
You don't necessarily need a 4x12 to try out different heads. What you need of course is a separate cab. As long as the wattage of the speakers and the impedence works you will be fine with a 2x12 or a 1x12. Why do you specifically want/need a 4x12? There are a lot of drawbacks to using a 4x12 at home and also if you plan on gigging with it. Of course there are some undeniable positives but be careful what you wish for. Used 4x12s are actually comparatively cheap to other cabs when considering # of speakers to price. I think some people are desperate to sell them. I know I was in that position once.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You don't necessarily need a 4x12 to try out different heads. What you need of course is a separate cab. As long as the wattage of the speakers and the impedence works you will be fine with a 2x12 or a 1x12. Why do you specifically want/need a 4x12? There are a lot of drawbacks to using a 4x12 at home and also if you plan on gigging with it. Of course there are some undeniable positives but be careful what you wish for. Used 4x12s are actually comparatively cheap to other cabs when considering # of speakers to price. I think some people are desperate to sell them. I know I was in that position once.
I don't need a 4 x 12 for sure. They're just really cheap right now as no one wants them. Maybe there's a good reason for that....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts