The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Dean V's, or any Dean for that matter? I've handled a few that seemed decent but really did nothing for me. Then I saw this baby on their website: the V Natural

I'm loving it's looks, but have no idea about pricing. Any good Dean dealers in the GTA? I know about LA Music and I'll probably try to get a price from them but wouldn't mind trying a couple other places too.

TIA
Joe

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
eww...I've played one, wasn't impressed.

·
Premium Member
5,172 Posts
I haven't played many new Dean's I like, but the original ones are some of the best guitars ever made. Here is my 1981 E'Lite Deluxe. I have played a 79' V and it was amazing too.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
That looks like spalted maple. I think they should go back to the shrimpfork headstock on their guitars..........

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm thinking about a Dean V..........sounds like a White Stripes song :rockon:

......sorry....off on a tangent

I have a real '79 and I'm seriously thinking about deKahlerizing it ie. back to the standard setup, perhaps getting a new top to cover up previous surgery.

That being said, back in the day..... changed the DiSquealios for ....super rare double creme Duncans (prior to dimarzio blocking all others from selling double cremes)....and having the nut moved back 3/32"...yes kids, this guitar that was well over a grand in 1979 shipped from the factory with the nut off scale.....the luthier who fixed it didn't believe me at first when I requested the repair. I've played ever bar in Quebec with that axe...or almost. The neck is sort of like Steve Garvey's forearm.....forget about playing bass notes with the thumb:D

There was a time when you could buy 'em for $250.....now they seem to command some money....unless its got a Kahler:mad:

anyway, don't know who makes the usa series these days or how good they are but you can get a new Hamer V (USA Vectors) that will have unbelievable tone and great looks.

Andy

·
Premium Member
5,172 Posts
sysexguy said:
I'm thinking about a Dean V..........sounds like a White Stripes song :rockon:

......sorry....off on a tangent

I have a real '79 and I'm seriously thinking about deKahlerizing it ie. back to the standard setup, perhaps getting a new top to cover up previous surgery.

That being said, back in the day..... changed the DiSquealios for ....super rare double creme Duncans (prior to dimarzio blocking all others from selling double cremes)....and having the nut moved back 3/32"...yes kids, this guitar that was well over a grand in 1979 shipped from the factory with the nut off scale.....the luthier who fixed it didn't believe me at first when I requested the repair. I've played ever bar in Quebec with that axe...or almost. The neck is sort of like Steve Garvey's forearm.....forget about playing bass notes with the thumb:D

There was a time when you could buy 'em for $250.....now they seem to command some money....unless its got a Kahler:mad:

anyway, don't know who makes the usa series these days or how good they are but you can get a new Hamer V (USA Vectors) that will have unbelievable tone and great looks.

Andy

More money is an understatement. I got offered $3000 US for mine a few months back. I guess my model is one of the rarer ones out there. When I bought it in the 90's, you could hardly give them away. I paid the 'crazy' amount of $500 with custom case for mine at the time because I liked the colour a lot. Good investment now though :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts