The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I cringed seeing them piled haphazardly in the crates.

And could have been a lot worse...could have put $120k up his nose and spent it on hookers. Kind of hard to reclaim some of your expenditures that way.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts

And could have been a lot worse...could have put $120k up his nose and spent it on hookers. Kind of hard to reclaim some of your expenditures that way.
Or bought a Ferrari and wrapped it around a telephone pole......

·
Registered
14,360 Posts
I still have GAS--just not in the same league...

Reactions: johnnyshaka

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I guess that was a result of being bi-polar, that he simply couldn't resist buying guitars and not necessarily because he wanted a huge collection, it was just an OCD behaviour like hoarding

·
Premium Member
11,605 Posts
I guess that was a result of being bi-polar, that he simply couldn't resist buying guitars and not necessarily because he wanted a huge collection, it was just an OCD behaviour like hoarding
He should have just hoarded OCD's. Less money, less space. And of course you get to plug them together in series and RAWWWWWWWWKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Reactions: colchar

·
Premium Member
16,621 Posts
I guess, but I think of hoarding as those folks who keep *everything* from gum wrappers to newspapers, not just OCD on one particular item.
My very limited experience seeing the show is that they usually have 1 or a handful of items they have to keep, and they keep them. I think some episodes are stuffed animals, memorabilia, or just flyers from grocery stores.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
...And could have been a lot worse...could have put $120k up his nose and spent it on hookers. Kind of hard to reclaim some of your expenditures that way.
Disagree - this sounds like great fun.

As far as the guitars go, most of them are probably crap, but that AA looks like a lovely instrument. Maybe a few other gems. I bet it will be a great aucttion, so long as the reserve prices and the auctioneer's premium are reasonable.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Being bipolar myself, I understand what the doctor is talking about. A bipolar is in depression so much, it's hard to fight the hypomania, in which a bipolar finally 'feels good'. I am lucky in that I have a strong bent for finding good deals, and restrict my 'buying sprees' to useful stuff in thrift shops. Usually. But with 18 guitars and 6 smps, I think I should now take stock...I also collect recorded music and the equipment whereby to play it, too. Some of all of it will be up on Kijiji soon, I expect. Getting a bit crowded in here...

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Being bipolar myself, I understand what the doctor is talking about. A bipolar is in depression so much, it's hard to fight the hypomania, in which a bipolar finally 'feels good'. I am lucky in that I have a strong bent for finding good deals, and restrict my 'buying sprees' to useful stuff in thrift shops. Usually. But with 18 guitars and 6 smps, I think I should now take stock...I also collect recorded music and the equipment whereby to play it, too. Some of all of it will be up on Kijiji soon, I expect. Getting a bit crowded in here...
You too, eh? I was diagnosed about 5 years ago but think I have had it for a long time. Fortunately, mine is a mild case and have it pretty much under control. Thankfully it is barely noticeable any longer.

Reactions: oldfartatplay

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I wonder if Joe Bonamassa is bipolar ...

Reactions: High/Deaf

·
Premium Member
11,605 Posts
I wonder if Joe Bonamassa is bipolar ...
Don't know 'bout Joe, but Devin Townsend is. He's not much of a gear hoarder that I'm aware of, it comes out in his vast range of musical output, from SYL (manic) to some of the early Devin Townsend stuff, like Ocean Machine (some of which is a bit slow/depressive). He considered the music his therapy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts