The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a gazillion deals, I think I've been had.

I bought a used Celestion Greenback that was listed on Toronto kijiji. It had no red flags: it was market price (not a steal), the ad didn't offer shipping (I contacted the seller asking if he would ship), responses were well written, prompt but not overzealous, and there was no pressure tactics other than a message on day 2 asking me to make a decision because other buyers were interested (understandable). Even after I sent the cash by EMT, the seller contaced me, said he would send the tracking info soon, and informed me he was going to take the ad down so he wouldn't keep getting replies (which seems reasonable in a large market selling a popular item). Since then, nothing . . .

Since Tuesday, he has not responded over kijiji or the email address I sent the cash to. It's a busy time of year so I had no real concern on Wednesday, started getting concerned yesterday, and I am now facing reality today.

The guy goes by John, ad number 1319734928, his email is [email protected]

Has anyone dealt with this guy? I usually get a cell number but I didn't this time because I was busy with work and just did not see any type of problem emerging.

Tis the season :(

TG

·
Registered
173 Posts
Man that's too bad. I've had a few things shipped to me from Kijiji and I've shipped through Kijiji. The way I've always done it was I would ask the seller to send me a bill with the name of the item through PayPal (I always cover the sellers nominal PayaPal fee) so that way if they did try to scam me I would have recourse through PayPal and not be out the money for the item. That has always worked for me. Hopefully you can get the speaker or your money back.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I don't understand how a EMT isn't traceable ... it has to be deposited in to a bank account right? Or is it that the cops just can't be bothered investigating them?

Hope it works out for you & the guy just got swamped or something and shows back up, that sucks.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I don't understand how a EMT isn't traceable ... it has to be deposited in to a bank account right? Or is it that the cops just can't be bothered investigating them?

Hope it works out for you & the guy just got swamped or something and shows back up, that sucks.
ya I think the cops and banks don't want to get in the middle of it, since it was willingly sent and there may be privacy concerns as well.

Kijiji IMO just isn't conducive to non-face-to-face arrangements IMO.

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Hopefully they just got swamped with stuff and everything is still on the level. It is crazy time for some people.

If you need items shipped from a different city or province, I suggest asking a member there if they can help you out.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm also glad I was not drinking something when I read Guitarman2's summation... however, lets hope he's not dead for many reasons that surround this time of year, but more so, Traynor can actually have some resolution. Let's hope it is just a busy time of year.

Or even better, let's hope he's a member here and we can shame him into seeing the transaction through. Stranger things have happened. Remember the article a few weeks back of the guy who bought the Reverse Firebird?? He turned out to be a member here. Took it all pretty good too....

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
oops. double post.

I just recognized the email. I think I know him. I'll double check.

He seems to be a really solid guy, so I can't see this being right. If it's him, I'll contact him since I wouldn't mind checking out his latest gear any way (I bought that Banshee from him you pm'd me about ages ago)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW! Adcandour I will be in your debt if you can somehow get this resolved. I will also happily take down my kijiji ad if/when he resolves this. If he is legit, I cannot understand why he hasn't simply emailed me, once, since Tuesday.

Was your Banshee ok that you bought from him? He told me he was also selling a Garnet Rebel head but I wasn't interested.

Thanks so much and keep me informed.

Very much appreciated,
TG

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
WOW! Adcandour I will be in your debt if you can somehow get this resolved. I will also happily take down my kijiji ad if/when he resolves this. If he is legit, I cannot understand why he hasn't simply emailed me, once, since Tuesday.

Was your Banshee ok that you bought from him? He told me he was also selling a Garnet Rebel head but I wasn't interested.

Thanks so much and keep me informed.

Very much appreciated,
TG
No problem. Yes, the banshee was great. The only issue I've ever had with the few deals I've done with him is that what he and I consider "mint" are two very different things :)

TBH, I think something may actually be wrong. He's not reply to the number I have - which is unlike him.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts