The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Call me next time you're in Ottawa :)
Careful what you wish for...Ottawa is where I grew up and I'm there quite often. :)

I need to work on creating a better environment for playing guitar because I don't play nearly as much as I would like to and I suspect a crappy setup (essentially tucked away in the living room where the family and I watch TV so not always an ideal when I feel like jamming and the kids are watching a movie) has something to do with it.

·
Premium Member
17,602 Posts
VERY IMPRESSIVE!

My "studio" is like time travel back to the late 60's or early 70's...seriously. However, it is comfortable.

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Careful what you wish for...Ottawa is where I grew up and I'm there quite often. :)

I need to work on creating a better environment for playing guitar because I don't play nearly as much as I would like to and I suspect a crappy setup (essentially tucked away in the living room where the family and I watch TV so not always an ideal when I feel like jamming and the kids are watching a movie) has something to do with it.
I stand by my offer.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
We're just in the process of moving "my" personal music space from a room in the basement to the main room in the basement. The plan is to get it pretty much completed over the next week or so.
I wish I had thought to take some pics of my old room before we got to tearing it apart since I spent a solid decade in there, but didn't think of it until it was too late.
Went from this;

GuitarRoomAcoustic.JPG

GuitarRoomElectrics.JPG

To where we're at now;

B1.JPG

B2.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We're just in the process of moving "my" personal music space from a room in the basement to the main room in the basement. The plan is to get it pretty much completed over the next week or so.
I wish I had thought to take some pics of my old room before we got to tearing it apart since I spent a solid decade in there, but didn't think of it until it was too late.
Went from this;

View attachment 220330
View attachment 220332

To where we're at now;

View attachment 220334

View attachment 220336
Nice setup. I wish I had that much space as we're losing our band's practice space soon and I have no room for a drum kit.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
I am in the process of building my own little home studio. Nothing fancy but I am happy and I'll use it a lot.
Good point, the 4 walls are made of concrete so no sound leaks possible.
Next step is to insulate and closing walls. It is getting there!

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Reactions: 1SweetRide
1 - 18 of 18 Posts