The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Village Voice, a New York Icon, Closes

When I was much younger, I would often turn to a copy of the Village Voice to find out what was new and hip in music and film, and pop culture in general. A lot of good writers passed through its pages. And because it was New York, you could always be assured of seeing ads for stuff you didn't even know existed. Hadn't seen a copy in years, although it seems they canned the print edition in 2015. And today they closed up shop forever.

End of an era.

·
Premium Member
13,026 Posts
Something,... or some things,... may rise in it's place. Maybe they already have.

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
Caught up in the 'fake news' thing, I suspect.

·
Registered
24,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah. Really more the case that all the services and things they used to draw advertising revenue from no longer rely on either print or news websites. No revenue, no more paper.

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
Nah. Really more the case that all the services and things they used to draw advertising revenue from no longer rely on either print or news websites. No revenue, no more paper.
Yes, that's happening to most media, whether print or electronic (well, except the CBC which has a never-ending supply of funds).

We need a 'tongue-in-cheek' emoticon. While looking for one, I stumbled across this. Seriously, WTF is wrong with some people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts