The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this piece of wood, it's called Espave (wild cashew). I've been waiting for it to speak to me and tell me what kind of guitar it wants to be, but it's not talking. Could be a language barrier, I don't know. If it speaks to any of you about what it wants to be, Please post and let me know.
espave.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,948 Posts
I was seeing a Strat, the wiggly flow of the grain I think would look nice with the flowing curves of a Strat. But then Larry might have nailed it ^^

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Haha! I know you won't be offended, being a Fury guitar fan and everything, but Glenn scorned those guys who "the wood speaks to them".

"There's only one boss in my shop, and it ain't the wood!"

Lol. Maybe this helps?

·
Premium Member
17,839 Posts
My vote goes to a symmetrically shaped body of some description...in order to capture the beautiful book matched grain pattern.

·
Premium Member
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha! I know you won't be offended, being a Fury guitar fan and everything, but Glenn scorned those guys who "the wood speaks to them".

"There's only one boss in my shop, and it ain't the wood!"

Lol. Maybe this helps?
I had a good chuckle over this. And you're both right of course. I'll tell the wood what I want it to be. :cool:

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
Acoustic?????

·
Premium Member
17,044 Posts
I really envy guys with the woodworking and finishing skills to build a guitar from scratch. I think there’s a connection you get with the guitar that you really can’t have otherwise.

I’ve put together lots of parts guitars and set them up so they played the way I like, but that’s a matter of selecting components and assembling them, quite a big difference in my opinion.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
The angle of the shot, I couldn't tell how thick it was.

Reactions: Lincoln

·
Premium Member
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sort of interesting story on this wood. There is a company out of Vancouver called "Coast Eco Timber" that is operating out of Panama doing underwater logging in areas of jungle submerged during the building of the Panama canal. Also harvesting logs that have sat in waste piles since the the building of the canal. Espave is one of the four woods they are currently saving, so more than likely that's where this wood came from.
I've never eaten granola, but I thought that was kinda cool anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts