The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meanwhile........ somewhere in the heart of K-Town the Spitfires prepare to unleash geezer rock from their secret lair.....

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Couldn,t resist a few shots of our gear at the practice space.......

·
Registered
788 Posts
the Spitfires....great name, great gear. Looks like you will be enjoying yourself there in that practice space...kudos!

p.s. "G33Z3R ROCK" would be a cool band name as well :D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SCREEM said:
the Spitfires....great name, great gear. Looks like you will be enjoying yourself there in that practice space...kudos!

p.s. "G33Z3R ROCK" would be a cool band name as well :D

That would be a cool name.....We have our first gig on May 26th. Hope it,s just the first of many. This is only the second band my brother and I have ever been in together. Last time was in 1978......

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very cool....the stickers are nice...selling any :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bigmatty said:
Very cool....the stickers are nice...selling any :)
LOL..sell!! My brother made them up, about a dozen so far, we,ll be lucky to give em away.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hehehe yeah I know I was more asking if I could get a couple. love the design ;)

drop me a PM if thats a possibility.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey Tarl.....

looks like it could get loud down in the basement....lol....

can you give any details on your gig....?
I will be in K-town a couple of times this summer.....to golf with some family there......
maybe I could make it out for some evening listening....if possible...

Auger

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tarl said:
We have our first gig on May 26th. Hope it,s just the first of many.
Yes, great name and logo. Are there more details you can share about the 26th? Inquiring Kingstonians would like to know.

Thank goodness there are only plush toys in the china cabinet. :smile: However, there do appear to be a few vases about that might be in the line of fire. :wink:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The gig in May is a private party...invitation only....at a farm near Tamworth. Should be 40 to 80 people. If anyone knows of Brandies on Ontario St in Kingston......we will probibly be there some time this summer.(my brother is talking to the owner) July or August I think. We also hope to do the Portsmouth Tavern sometime this summer and maybe the BOTB at the Gan ribfest in June. I,ll post firm dates as we get them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey tarl...
cool...maybe I will make one of the dates in Kingston....if possible...
oddly enough I just got back from the Hannah's funeral home in Tamworth....
on the weekend...
I have lots of relatives just to the north of that area...

good luck on the gig.../gigs...

Auger

·
Registered
24 Posts
Excellent, thanks for the info. Have fun at the party. One of the first gigs I played after moving to Kingston was at a private party somewhere around Erinsville (just a stone's throw from Tamworth). Leaving aside the mosquitoes that were immune to all repellents, I had a great time. I hope Brandees and the Portsmouth work out for your band. It's good to have gigs really close to home. I've played both places and they are a lot of fun especially after the patrons get wound up - usually doesn't take long.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts