The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,917 Posts
A Vibrochamp with built in digital reverb and a 10" speaker. Sounds like a winner to me. I wish it was a digital spring reverb instead of hall.

I have an old Pepco amp that is effectively a Vibrochamp Reverb. 1x6V6 Class A, with bias vary tremolo, 1 knob tone control, and tube driven spring reverb.

·
Premium Member
17,854 Posts
The new '68 Custom Pro Reverb also seems cool...

This 40-watt guitar amplifier features a single 12-inch Celestion Neo Creamback speaker, a single channel, and two inputs. Controls for the main amplification circuitry include volume, treble, middle and bass, as well as a bright switch. You can also dial in the amount of reverb, as well as the speed and intensity of the amp’s tremolo.

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
It's $1k+tax. Not sure if I want to shell out that much. Very tempting though.

·
Premium Member
5,917 Posts
The new '68 Custom Pro Reverb also seems cool...

This 40-watt guitar amplifier features a single 12-inch Celestion Neo Creamback speaker, a single channel, and two inputs. Controls for the main amplification circuitry include volume, treble, middle and bass, as well as a bright switch. You can also dial in the amount of reverb, as well as the speed and intensity of the amp’s tremolo.
I'm not fond of the name. Pro Reverb should imply 2x12.

What they've built is a 6L6 swapped Deluxe Reverb. A High-Powered Deluxe Reverb.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I saw this in Trogly’s newest video. I loved my 68 Custom Princeton Reverb and I am betting these will be amazing. I was wondering when they would reissue the Vibro Champ, I’m glad they finally did it!

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
every link by fender always goes to main page which is a huge error on their part in my opinion...for a couple years this has been the case...
It has to do with where you have your location set. Google gives you links to the American url. If you're set to the international url (default for Canada) it redirects you to the international main page.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just found out the Champ is running a 3.2 ohm speaker. This makes hooking up to a bigger cab a major PITA (only 4 ohm cabs) and, to me, is a major mistake.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
It's $1k+tax. Not sure if I want to shell out that much. Very tempting though.
Seems kind of pricy, to me too. Vibro Champs can get expensive, but you can usually find a vintage Silverface Champ for less than that. I actually kind of wish they made it a little more like the original and left the digital reverb out of the signal path. Although the 10" speaker is a nice upgrade. Definitely an awesome portable little amp that could sound great miked up!

Just found out the Champ is running a 3.2 ohm speaker. This makes hooking up to a bigger cab a major PITA (only 4 ohm cabs) and, to me, is a major mistake.
Doesn't everyone have a 4 ohm cab laying around? 🤷‍♂️ I actually bought one of these mono / stereo jack plates for my 2x12 cab, and it is awesome. With two 8 ohm speakers I can run one speaker in mono or two in stereo each at 8 ohms, or both in mono at 16 ohms, or both in mono at 4 ohms. So handy! And a Champ sounds pretty awesome through it. :)

·
Premium Member
5,917 Posts
Seems kind of pricy, to me too. Vibro Champs can get expensive, but you can usually find a vintage Silverface Champ for less than that. I actually kind of wish they made it a little more like the original and left the digital reverb out of the signal path. Although the 10" speaker is a nice upgrade. Definitely an awesome portable little amp that could sound great miked up!

Doesn't everyone have a 4 ohm cab laying around? 🤷‍♂️ I actually bought one of these mono / stereo jack plates for my 2x12 cab, and it is awesome. With two 8 ohm speakers I can run one speaker in mono or two in stereo each at 8 ohms, or both in mono at 16 ohms, or both in mono at 4 ohms. So handy! And a Champ sounds pretty awesome through it. :)
As long as the digital reverb is out of the path when off, I'm happy. I hope it is bypassed when switched off.

·
Registered
917 Posts
At the price point they're playing at you could get an original.

The 3.2 ohm thing is the same on every Champ in history. 4 ohm speakers are fine. You're not going to blow the OT with that small of a mismatch.

·
Registered
917 Posts
every link by fender always goes to main page which is a huge error on their part in my opinion...for a couple years this has been the case...
I complained to Fender about it. The reason is because their site is completely set up for the USA region. If you try and access the site from outside the USA it pushes you to the index page.

Reactions: Alan Small

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
I complained to Fender about it. The reason is because their site is completely set up for the USA region. If you try and access the site from outside the USA it pushes you to the index page.
dirty old uncle midnight found a way to sneak into Fenders rear end.... let me know if it works for y’all’s likes it does me’s

1 - 20 of 45 Posts