The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 352 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I can never find the thread, I'm hoping this one will pop up when I want it.

I just butterflied my first chicken and wanted to share. This thread will also serve as a catalyst to get @Budda outdoor cooking.

So, what's cooking on your BBQ, barbecue B-B-Q today?

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 5.10.18 PM.png

·
Premium Member
16,835 Posts
Backstory: I was over while he was preparing dinner, and I have a bbq that needs propane, and then some easy things to grill up. Hopefully this will also drastically increase my veggie intake. It's not that I don't like veggies, it's that I like to eat when I'm hungry :p.

Also, can we make this one a sticky?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Going to ruin a steak like I always do. It dosnt matter how much I read or how hard I try I just suck at the BBQ thing.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Alberta beef rib eye steaks what can be more delish all little sea salt ( we never use iodine salt anymore that shit is bad for the heart ) and about a minute before we turn the heat off for it to rest we sprinkle a touch of black pepper freshly ground and then to go with some warm potato salad

Gary for a great steak and depending on the thickness make sure your grill is freakin hot to start most don't have the right heat and dont poke it with a fork use tongs and please dont press it to make it go faster and make sure you have no flame ups in other words dont burn the shit out of it you just want nice grill marks and let it rest for about 5 minutes before slicing hope this helps

·
Premium Member
8,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Going to ruin a steak like I always do. It dosnt matter how much I read or how hard I try I just suck at the BBQ thing.
Another thing is that you choose the right steak. Certain cuts are more fool proof. You don't want to be grilling something that should be marinated, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Honestly, I'm a big believer that the individual steak is more important than the cut. Sure some cuts MIGHT be more tender than others but there can be a HUGE difference between the tenderness of two different steaks of the same cut. I'm a SQUEEZER. If the steak/roast is tender and not stiff when it's raw, it'll be just as tender when cooked properly. I've actually become quite good at finding excellent steaks in a bin of mediochre cuts. I'm not shy, I'll sit there a few minutes moving packages around and squeezing before selecting my steak. I've found pork can be similar in this respect. Chicken...not so much.

·
Premium Member
9,758 Posts
My steaks always turn out best on a white hot cast iron skillet. F-the bbq.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
MMMmmmmmmMmMmmm...fried steak in butter and onions.
I don't know how you guys BBQ chicken. I get huge fires. Last time I forgot it for 2 minutes and it was literally incinerated. the temp gauge on the BBQ was pinned to the right.

1 - 20 of 352 Posts