The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Acoustic guitar has finally become unplayable.
My Mom's (That I inherited) 1965 Harmony Archtop with only a steel rod (not adjustable) has devloped a crack in the top plywood right under the bridge.
Clearly I'm not going to get rid of it, nor attempt a repair.

So the search begins for a new acoustic guitar.

The closest thing would be a godin 5th ave archtop.
but I was really interested in thin (ultra shallow) acoustic guitars.
AC375 THINLINE TRUE ACOUSTIC ELECTRIC GUITAR

or these:
Dean Guitars Exhibition A/E Black Satin Acoustic-Electric Guitar with Aphex: Amazon.ca: Musical Instruments, Stage & Studio

I'm not looking to spend a butload on the guitar (The Carvin is waaay out of the budget)
Budget of sub 500.00
It's for camping trips and banging around the backyard.

It'd be nice if one of the Godin sub brands made a thin body acoustic, but it does not seem so.

Once again...No Canadian option...Unless someone here can point the way.

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
I have a nice Ovation in that price range. Mid bowl, neck like an electric. Tx 1778 Elite, MIK
Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments String instrument

·
Banned
13,247 Posts
My suggestion would be an older Yamaha. The FG 300 and 400 series are pretty good looking to me and are well reviewed by folks. Maybe too traditional for you? I play a D28 these days and I love it but a friend of mine brought out an old Yamaha FG-450S-C after a proper setup, I loved it and I'm going to get one. I started looking on Kijiji for older Yamahas since and it seems that one could be had for 200-400 bucks easily. It may not be your style, based on the links you posted, but I'm just sharing my recent appreciation for great older guitars available for very little.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to 2 L&M locations last weekend, tryed a couple of normal sized guitars I still like Norman Guitars.
Tried one when I was a kid, that sound has always stuck with me.

Wish they made a thin model.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Good luck finding what you're looking for. I've seen a couple of Epi's that were thinner than usual, but don't remember any more than that.

My quest started just about exactly a year ago. Love the hunt - and knowing what you get is well researched and just what you always wanted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts