·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
A couple of new dates announced

Fri 08/24/07 Vancouver, BC Orpheum
Mon 08/27/07 Calgary, AB Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium

Tue 08/28/07 Edmonton, AB Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium

Thu 08/30/07 Winnipeg, MB Manitoba Centennial Centre
I think these are all double bills with Keb Mo, another great bluesman, singer/songwriter.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
He was awesome opening for Clapton last year in TO. One of the best live tones I'd heard in a LONG time.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Great Show!

Caught the Robert and Keb show in Calgary last night. Fantastic, highly recommend seeing them on this tour if you can. Lots of fine guitarmanship and killer vocals. They worked well together. Both had stellar bands and great original songs with lotsa soul and dynamics. Cray's tone from his Matchless / Fender rig was huge with no pedals, as always. Looked like the same green amps he had on the Clapton Crossroads DVD. They both sat in on each others sets for a few tunes too.

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
Caught the Robert and Keb show in Calgary last night. Fantastic, highly recommend seeing them on this tour if you can. Lots of fine guitarmanship and killer vocals. They worked well together. Both had stellar bands and great original songs with lotsa soul and dynamics. Cray's tone from his Matchless / Fender rig was huge with no pedals, as always. Looked like the same green amps he had on the Clapton Crossroads DVD. They both sat in on each others sets for a few tunes too.
I was there too. Very good sets by both although I'm a bit more of a Keb fan (and just saw Robert open for Clapton a few months ago). It was a treat to see Reggie McBride too - he was about 10' in front of us.

Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts