The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought the new P-bass home from work this morning and went to bed for awhile without even opening the box. Woke up to an empty house, so went downstairs still half asleep to open up the packaging and check things out.

First impressions...

Well, let me start by saying the colour does not photograph easily. Rondo's site made the Misty Silver look like baby blue, but in person it is definitely more a silver / grey colour. I don't think the tort guard I had planned will work with the colour. Might just leave it white.

As per usual, the bass needed a slight tweaking of the neck right away, but other than that was set up pretty well. Might drop the action a little. I have a Gotoh bridge to put on it, but I want to play it this weekend stock and see from there - I might just keep the stock bridge on it. Will order pots and jack soon, and perhaps a set of Kent Armstrong pickups, but for now the bass is completely playable stock.

This is my first fretted SX, so I was a little nervous about the fret job as I understand that to be hit and miss. Couldn't find a bad fret anywhere on the neck. The edges are nice and smooth and they all seem to be seated just fine.

Sounds really nice, though I have my amp plugged into a wedge monitor right now, not my 8x8.

Have a gig tomorrow and I plan on rocking this bad boy for most of the night.

For first impressions, I give this bass 2 thumbs up and a :cool: .

·
Registered
16 Posts
nice looking posse there, james on bass. Love the colour of your P!! Very sweet....

Coincidentally, I just brought a P-bass home with me today too! This one's a1994 MIM Fender Precision - red body, maple neck/fingerboard. Bought it as a spare to my Jazz and something for my younger brother to learn on.

No pix yet....:zzz:

DD

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dirtdog said:
nice looking posse there, james on bass. Love the colour of your P!! Very sweet....

Coincidentally, I just brought a P-bass home with me today too! This one's a1994 MIM Fender Precision - red body, maple neck/fingerboard. Bought it as a spare to my Jazz and something for my younger brother to learn on.

No pix yet....:zzz:

DD
Need Pics

Maybe the rule at HCBF should apply here as well. You can't prove ownership until you post pictures!! :tongue:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts