The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
marnacious is your wife? I guess that would make sense.

my parents said they're gonna kick me out if I buy anymore guitars.:frown:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
ClintonHammond said:
If you ain't used it in a year, sell it!
nobody's buying it.:frown:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
My wife has grown kind of numb to it... she is so use to me bringing stuff in shipping stuff out that she has given up. She even agrees to do pickups and dropoffs for me , finally we see eye to eye....:D

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PaulS said:
My wife has grown kind of numb to it... she is so use to me bringing stuff in shipping stuff out that she has given up. She even agrees to do pickups and dropoffs for me , finally we see eye to eye....:D
Ah, now that is an understanding wife you have there. :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
PaulS said:
my parents do the same thing for me. My dad owns his own company and he's always getting shipments and has packages that he wants me to give to purolator. So when I order stuff, they're generally willing to pick it up for me.

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
I've never really had this problem with any of my ex's and right now I got the best woman, a gassin', giggin, guitar player can ever have. No complaints about the gear, gives me all the support I need to pursue my hobby, attends all my gigs, helps with packing/setting up and she even takes care of my GAS issues once in a while. :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
306 Posts
My better half is the Imelda Marcos of our neighbourhood...possibly even of West Edmonton. The problem with me keeping her in new shoes is that I don't have as much money for some of the toys I would like to have. The good thing about this is that when I do buy something, it is because I truly want. She never bats an eye when I come home with something that costs a few rubles.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
If guitars were my only weakness I might be ok,but after the 600hp engine for the Mustang,and the Honda CRF450 Motocross bike,I'm walking on some pretty thin ice!

Scott

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...it really is very difficult to find a partner who is totally supportive and understanding. most tend to think of your musical passion as simply a hobby or a pastime, something you'll eventually grow out of.

"why do you need more than one guitar?"

my ex was shocked to discover that i had no intention of "consulting her" every time i was offered a gig. i guess that's part of the reason she's now my "ex". my first wife, once we got married, said to me "well, now that we're married, i guess you'll be giving up music and getting a real job, right?"

wrong...

-dh

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
I'm moving in with my girlfriend in a couple weeks and I have a different problem. SHE has more gear than ME!!! Between her bass, Strat, acoustic, mandolin and lapsteel, she actually has one more stringed instrument than I do, plus she owns 3 or 4 different amps (though most are crappy practice-amp types).

I figure I'm allowed to get at least one more guitar before she's allowed to start making any noises, no?

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
I'm moving in with my girlfriend in a couple weeks and I have a different problem. SHE has more gear than ME!!! Between her bass, Strat, acoustic, mandolin and lapsteel, she actually has one more stringed instrument than I do, plus she owns 3 or 4 different amps (though most are crappy practice-amp types).

I figure I'm allowed to get at least one more guitar before she's allowed to start making any noises, no?
You are lucky! :p
My gildfriend always ask me why another one? You can only play one! Maybe but I only have one life so....I try them all before I die!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts