This is the amp that I started building a couple of weeks ago ,the first night i had populated the board with the components.
Then last week i found some time to get the board and some of the chassis build ,I soldered all the components that I could and followed the diagram diligently.
(can anyone see my wiring mistake in this one?)
Continued (after fixing it) last night until completion .
And then the start up,(tense moments building up to--then wah wah waaaah) not a winning victory for my first time building one of these. Im having some noise issues that I will open in another thread. But all and all I have been totally enjoying the experience of creating my first hand wired amp. My plan is to get in the shop next week, build the cabinet and get it all put together.
Thanks for all the help on this site, it has given me the confidence to make it through my first one.
After a little research on this site I found the issue with the high pitched squeal , I switched the OT leads and Bingo we have a winner. The amp sounds great, really nice tone and just enough crunch. I am looking forward to the next one and will have to make it a bit more challenging.
Maybe a Bassman or something with reverb, we'll have to see.