530 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,136 Posts

·
Banned
11,532 Posts
I don’t get kijiji sellers sometimes.

A guitar pops up a week ago. It’s not a big-dollar instrument at $550 bucks but cool nonetheless. It’s also a pretty good deal and I’m prepared to grab it at full asking price so I message the seller. No answer AND a couple days later, the price gets knocked down to $500. Still no answer. Oh well... Next!

But then, it pops up today for almost $700 listed by a prolific local flipper. I messaged the first guy and told him it’s too bad he never answered as I was ready to grab it at his asking price. And by the way, the messages show “Read” so he saw them.
Maybe he didn't see your message until after the other deal? I know I've had issues receiving (not receiving actually) messages from Kijiji and not seeing them unitl I logged into the site later on.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Beautiful Gibson Acoustic Guitar

Says that ”the sound is second to none”

when you take a look at how it’s strung (second photo), you know that's likely true…

:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Brunz

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Looks like this ass-clown is up to it again...
Font Material property Screenshot Multimedia Software

I saw the ads when they were less than 20 minutes old. The address is maybe a 10 minute walk or 2 minute drive from my place. I immediately messaged saying I wanted both, lived in his neighbourhood and could be there in 5 minutes with cash. Dude had just posted so was probably still sitting at his computer. Then the déjà vu hit me...

About a year ago, this same guy posted about 4 or 5 guitars. Among them were a Gibson Flying V and an Explorer. I think the were in around $1000 and I also messaged him right away. I never got a reply and figured I must have missed out except that he reposted a couple days later. I messaged again with no reply. He posted a third time (and maybe even dropped his price?). Again, messaged with no reply.

The first time the ads popped up, it was in the Kijiji Deals section here and after comparing notes in the thread, a few people had contacted him and I don’t think he replied to anyone. I thought maybe it was a scam looking for deposits or payment, maybe targeting out-of-towners. I contacted kijiji and mentioned that maybe something was up telling him that I knew of multiple people who had answered the ad with no replies. I mentioned the deposit scam as a possibility. The rep said what he could see was that he had received a lot of replies and hadn’t answered ANY. They said theyd keep an eye on the account.

Two things to note...
When I answered the ad yesterday, the username was “Derek”.
The “fancy” couch that both guitars are laying on was the exact same one from the 2 Gibson ads last year. That makes it highly unlikely that this is someone just grabbing photos off of the internet.

Any clue WTF he’s trying to pull?

Reactions: tomee2

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,858 Posts
Looks like this ass-clown is up to it again...
View attachment 397373

I saw the ads when they were less than 20 minutes old. The address is maybe a 10 minute walk or 2 minute drive from my place. I immediately messaged saying I wanted both, lived in his neighbourhood and could be there in 5 minutes with cash. Dude had just posted so was probably still sitting at his computer. Then the déjà vu hit me...

About a year ago, this same guy posted about 4 or 5 guitars. Among them were a Gibson Flying V and an Explorer. I think the were in around $1000 and I also messaged him right away. I never got a reply and figured I must have missed out except that he reposted a couple days later. I messaged again with no reply. He posted a third time (and maybe even dropped his price?). Again, messaged with no reply.

The first time the ads popped up, it was in the Kijiji Deals section here and after comparing notes in the thread, a few people had contacted him and I don’t think he replied to anyone. I thought maybe it was a scam looking for deposits or payment, maybe targeting out-of-towners. I contacted kijiji and mentioned that maybe something was up telling him that I knew of multiple people who had answered the ad with no replies. I mentioned the deposit scam as a possibility. The rep said what he could see was that he had received a lot of replies and hadn’t answered ANY. They said theyd keep an eye on the account.

Two things to note...
When I answered the ad yesterday, the username was “Derek”.
The “fancy” couch that both guitars are laying on was the exact same one from the 2 Gibson ads last year. That makes it highly unlikely that this is someone just grabbing photos off of the internet.

Any clue WTF he’s trying to pull?
Both listed as "SOLD" now.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Guitar is currently available on L&M’s website for $999, amp is $269, case is $99. With tax, that’s $1545.
And he’s the one “ALL CAPPING” about unreasonable?

I think @colchar is suddenly in the market for a blue Tele. 😉

View attachment 393915
View attachment 393916
She’s baaack...
So her package that was under $1600 (taxes in) new, was originally up for $1800.
Apparently, it’s now “On Sale” for only $1400. I still think it’s at least $400 too high.
Product Wood Font Screenshot Gas

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
So I check the recent ads and see a Gibson SG posted nearby for $1000. I immediately fire off a message!!!

...then I see the postal code.
Recognize the couch?
Musical instrument Guitar Product Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

Reactions: Brunz

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
I remember these from last year or whenever it was.. weird.
I really can’t figure out what his angle is. He posts desirable guitars but nothing crazy like Custom Shop Fenders or Gibsons. His prices are really good but not unbelievable. Sort of like someone who hasn’t looked at used prices in 5 or 6 years.

Like I said in the other post, I thought it might be a “send me a deposit to hold it” scam but even GC members from out of town have never gotten a reply.

I’ll see if he answers this one.
Product Font Screenshot Rectangle Multimedia

·
Banned
11,532 Posts
Maybe he has a wife who is demanding he sell so he posts shit, and never answers because he has no intention of selling but can at least tell her he tried?

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Maybe he has a wife who is demanding he sell so he posts shit, and never answers because he has no intention of selling but can at least tell her he tried?
But then why use prices where he’s guaranteed to get dozens of replies? Just price them at double the going rate.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Maybe a switch and bait.

"Sorry.That's sold now. I do have a................. " For when he actually DOES reply

5841 - 5860 of 5917 Posts