The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
5821 - 5840 of 5917 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
I wish I had the connections to be able to do custom orders from China.

The wear on this looks familiar... I've seen this for sale before but not in NS

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument accessory Guitar accessory

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Kijiji: 1991 Mint EVH Ernie Ball Music Man
View attachment 396481
I have to admit, I’ve actually been watching this one. He originally had it listed at $11,000. So I wonder what I can do with the extra $1000 I saved?
Would be interested to see what these actually go for now.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Exchange rate and whether they sold to Canadian buyers has nothing to do with it. That IS what people are paying for them. If they’re going for $300 to $400 (converted to Canadian) in the US, then they’re worth $300 to $400.
... to someone in the US.

I don't disagree with you, however the economics of this are more complex and geographical location (or distribution) of the buyer (or buyers - whatever demographic wants the item in question) IS still a factor - see the cost of a Traynor in the GTA vs on Reverb - no Torontonian in their right mind and barring other factors (early script logo w tube rectifier) would pay more than, what, 600ish but you see them approaching 1k online all the time because Yanks want them and that's still cheaper than a Marshall. Yes, this is an extreme example with factors that do not apply to a Boss pedal, but illustrates the point.

There are other factors besides the gear in question being local that can affect the local vs online pricing such as a) Yanks just being willing/able to pay more (exchange; just more people than we have etc), like seriously, crowding other nationalities out of a market is a national passtime, 2) relative rarity (just like L&M had some Canadian only Gibsons, and a higher qty of some limited releases per capita if you look at CA vs USA populations), and 3) Local scene flavour of the week. As an example how weird this can be see Sunn amps and Doom/Stoner metal a few years back. Not saying we don't have that scene here, and even though Sunns are comparatively rather rare up here, they don't go for as much as they do just about everywhere in the US besides Portland (where there is a super abundance of them because made there, like Traynors here). Instead local guys stick to Marshalls and Oranges here (why? I dunno - if you talk to them, they all say " yeah, I'd love to try a Sunn," but then tell them you have one for sale and they hmmn and haw - for that price they can have the Orange or Marshall that they know will get them there.... or on the budget end, Traynors and Peavey Mark III / IVs). In fact I know of only 1 dude who is anywhere close to the Doom Metal scene in Toronto who has one (one of the dudes from Cask Music), I have one (had 2, sold one... to a dude who tried to mod it into a Marshall [facepalm of regret]), and only 1 that I have ever seen used live by any sort of band with a sizable following (or even without) and that wasn't Metal. Like maybe Canuks are over the DS-1 or not feeling nostalgic about it yet, but some swaths of the US are like, this is the next Big Muff.

Shit isn't uniformally global just yet (though global supply does have some impact vs, like, the 80s). And the most relevant comment at someone like this on kijiji is: " look kid, if you want top dollar, get off yer ass and list it on Reverb. If you want a local sale, you're gonna have to take the convenience discount." They won't listen to you though - some people have to learn that lesson the hard way (or not - could get lucky).

·
Banned
11,532 Posts
... to someone in the US.

I don't disagree with you, however the economics of this are more complex and geographical location (or distribution) of the buyer (or buyers - whatever demographic wants the item in question) IS still a factor - see the cost of a Traynor in the GTA vs on Reverb - no Torontonian in their right mind and barring other factors (early script logo w tube rectifier) would pay more than, what, 600ish

I bought a Traynor reissue for $650 and folks here thought it was a fair to good price. I then traded that straight up for a vintage Traynor, so I paid $650 for the vintage one.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
I dunno what the reissues are worth but that sounds about right otherwise.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Well, it’s official. A used Les Paul Studio is now worth 2 Grand!!!

Automotive tire Screenshot Automotive lighting Tire Font

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
And BTW, if you’re asking an insane amount of money for your guitar AND you’re only posting one photo...

You’ll need to do better than this
Musical instrument Guitar accessory Guitarist String instrument String instrument accessory

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
I don’t get kijiji sellers sometimes.

A guitar pops up a week ago. It’s not a big-dollar instrument at $550 bucks but cool nonetheless. It’s also a pretty good deal and I’m prepared to grab it at full asking price so I message the seller. No answer AND a couple days later, the price gets knocked down to $500. Still no answer. Oh well... Next!

But then, it pops up today for almost $700 listed by a prolific local flipper. I messaged the first guy and told him it’s too bad he never answered as I was ready to grab it at his asking price. And by the way, the messages show “Read” so he saw them.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts

A guitar pops up a week ago. It’s not a big-dollar instrument at $550 bucks but cool nonetheless. It’s also a pretty good deal and I’m prepared to grab it at full asking price so I message the seller. No answer AND a couple days later, the price gets knocked down to $500. Still no answer. Oh well... Next!

But then, it pops up today for almost $700 listed by a prolific local flipper. I messaged the first guy and told him it’s too bad he never answered as I was ready to grab it at his asking price. And by the way, the messages show “Read” so he saw them.
Happy Gesture World Finger Font

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts

He knows you have 2manyguitars?

·
Premium Member
20,136 Posts
Someone should create a thread dedicated to the the best of the homemade relic jobs because some of these are just awesome. lol.
How do you tell if a relic'd guitar is a "2nd" or "blem"?

I mean, how do you really tell if a ding is a f$%k up or put there as part of the "art" of relic'ing a guitar?

LMAO.

5821 - 5840 of 5917 Posts