·
Premium Member
15,248 Posts
Right in the model name .. Fools Gold.

Reactions: BlueRocker

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Been on the lookout for a Fender Brad Paisley Telecaster for awhile. I’ve seen a couple with people asking stupid numbers for them but in the real world, $1200 is what they seem to be going for.

One came up locally for $1500. I sent the guy a message making an offer of $1200 and said it wasn’t a lowball but just whet I see them going for. I sent 2 screen grabs, one from Reverb and one from eBay showing a bunch of recent sales in that range. A day or so later, he accepted.

Well, I went yesterday to do the deal and saw right away that the neck had been swapped. It‘s supposed to have a nitro finished neck with a worn finish and checking, a spaghetti logo, Klusons style tuners with metal, oval buttons, and most importantly, the Brad Paisley cowboy hat logo. Instead, it had a poly finished neck with the modern logo, newer style diecast tuners, a ‘90s serial number (if I recall correctly) and no cowboy hat logo.

He said he took it on trade and had no idea. I can’t say whether that’s true or not. One odd thing was there was a 3 or 4 inch long fibre sticking out of the body/neck joint on the treble side. This neck had been off recently. He said he had looked online and seems to recall seeing them with various different styles of neck. (Really?).

Whether he knew about it before, he knows it now. The ad is still up and doesn’t mention the neck.
BEWARE.
Not even the body is real,top loaded,Paisley is a string thru.He's asking a grand for it now.Its just a partscaster.😒

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Not even the body is real,top loaded,Paisley is a string thru.He's asking a grand for it now.Its just a partscaster.😒
Now that you mention it, that thing looks fake as Fuck! Wrong bridge, wrong pickguard, no string-through.

Here’s the one for sale...

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory

Wood Flooring Hardwood Wood stain Chair

And here’s the real one...
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument accessory Guitar accessory String instrument

Tape measure Font Fashion accessory Axe Jewellery

Reactions: colchar

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Because I don’t know too much about this model, I was doing a little research before deciding if $8500 is “WTF material”. I think the results are inconclusive so I’ll leave up to you guys to decide. Other than a couple recent, big numbers, the graph on the Reverb price guide seems pretty consistent in the $5k range over the past 3 years. Plus, the ad doesn’t mention condition but you can see a few dings in the photos.

Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Guitar String instrument accessory

Product Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

·
Premium Member
2019 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Tobacco 2016 Gibson Les Paul Special Plus LTD
574 Posts
1980 Would make it a pre-historic ugh historic 58 no?
I wouldn't pay $5K for a 1980 clownburst.
I bet she looks better in person. TRC looks too clean though. Shame...must have got cleaned up.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
And is it actually MJT that ages the body like this?
Guitar accessory Orange Wood Sportswear Font

Because that looks like shit and I’ve never seen real wear like that on a guitar. It’s in unrealistic spots all over the whole guitar but what especially bugs me is along the top edge of the pickguard. How the hell is that supposed to happen?

Reactions: laristotle

·
Premium Member
15,248 Posts
FB Marketplace

This small amp sounds amazing and works great but the covering is obviously coming right off.
Wood Rectangle Automotive tire Audio equipment Gas

·
Premium Member
15,248 Posts
It's shedding it's winter coat. Fender Rumbles are high shedders. You have to brush them daily and you'll still have hair everywhere. The Marshalldoodles are shed free.
I once got a really good deal on a 410, rat fur cab because the owner's cat enjoyed it more than he did. lol

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
The artist/customizer is in the top right corner. 😺
I saw that. Very fitting the perpetrator was in the pic. Should have actually been a separate photo in the post... just the cat, alone. Maybe holding up one of those slates the COP's give you in mug shots.

5801 - 5820 of 5917 Posts