The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

5261 - 5280 of 5293 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
The asking price for those Sunns has jumped quite a bit...I was considering one like that about 20 years ago...a faulty one on eBay and got sniped on it, sort of made me bitter and never pursued any further on another but I still have an interest for that model...I still have the KT88s that I lined up for that project amp on eBay.

I know they are desirable now (for the last few years) but

1) they have never been more valuable than a Hiwatt (I have seen asking prices up to 5k before but they never sell)
2) stoner doom dudes don't have 10k to spend on a single amp head.

All Sunns seem to be having a wild increase (doubling) in asking price since the pandemic started. I can't see any recent sold listings to confirm whether thats just dreamers or not but that seems insane because selling a 2xKT88 head (model number = 3 digits or a word) was an uphill battle for US$800 (I see them asking C$2k now), and a 4xKT88 (4 digit model number) were US$1-1.3k (I;m seeing multiple k), and the Model T was 2-3k max. Like maybe shit went up but that's pretty drastic in the space of a year and a half when nothing happenned to make them more desirable than they were before. There does seem to be fewer of them around for sale though. Could the pandemic be behind all that?

Anyway 10k is a laugh.

... I wonder how much a NIB or even built up Dynaco kit would go for these days - probably a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah. 10k is totally dreamer territory but the Sunn, Orange, Matamp type stuff is a stoner/doom magnet. Might get lucky and find a rich one.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I paid $510 new in 2009. Might be time to sell mine too.

·
Registered
10,326 Posts
I paid $510 new in 2009. Might be time to sell mine too.

Pawn shops with their ridiculous prices.

I go into a local one once in a while to check out used video games (don't play often enough to justify buying them new) and check out their guitar gear while I am there. The prices they ask for shitty pedals are a joke, and are more than they sell for new at L&M.

·
Registered
10,326 Posts
Someone needs to look up the definition of 'new' in a dictionary. Even then, I'm not sure they'd understand it.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Someone needs to look up the definition of 'new' in a dictionary. Even then, I'm not sure they'd understand it.

It's like those ads that say "Never used, only used once". HUH ?!?!

·
Premium Member
18,387 Posts
At least you can spot those fairly quickly.

I worry more about Chibsons and Chenders. Those can easily trick people and lead to shitty consequences down stream, not to mention the damage to the reputations of the OG manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
I shed not a tear for Gibson, but it sucks when a regular dude gets taken for a ride.

Reactions: MarkM

·
Registered
10,326 Posts
They really need to put a limit on the number of tags you can add to a thread as it is irritating as hell to search for things and have completely unrelated items show up in the search results just because some asshole decided to name every piece of gear ever made in his tags so that his item would show up in every search.

This is far from the worst example, but check out the tags this asshole included:

·
Premium Member
26,132 Posts
This might be the Kijiji ad that many Ottawa-area musicians have long waited for. Ding-dong, the witch is dead!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
This might be the Kijiji ad that many Ottawa-area musicians have long waited for. Ding-dong, the witch is dead!

My son rented in that area two years ago while he attended Ottawa U. Intercontinental was having an "Everything Must Go!!!" sale then, too.

·
Premium Member
13,414 Posts
check out the tags this asshole included
I sometimes respond to those offering a trade of what they have tagged.
When they state that they're not looking; 'Oh .. but you have it tagged.'
This may be better in the 'kijiji alert' forum.

Reactions: colchar
5261 - 5280 of 5293 Posts