The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

5241 - 5260 of 5293 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
If it is the RCF, maybe he's referring to the magnet size, compared to some 'yahama' practice amp. :)

Possible, but any way you slice it, that's not a proper sample of "other amps". I've had a few RCFs and the magnets are silly wide but not that thick, others like EV, later Altecs - anything in the same power handling range as RCF, so like 200 watts and up, are in the same range. The RCF magnet just looks bigger from behind due to the shape. Personally, I think even that is giving him too much credit - I mean if he's comparing to a yammie practise amp it prolly has an 8" or 10" vs the 15" cone on this TS-75. So yeah that's like 3 speaker sizes up.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
I will have whatever Ed is smoking.

You gotta screen grab these things so when the ad is gone, people can still make fun of Ed months from now.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
You gotta screen grab these things so when the ad is gone, people can still make fun of Ed months from now.

View attachment 367565
The ad says “Box Only”. There appears to be something in there. Is he really selling an empty box for $200? What am I missing?

To quote Brad Pitt... “what’s in the box”??

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Where I’m from, playing cornhole is a major deterrent to avoiding prison.
I was in rural Pennsylvania the first time I was asked to play Cornhole. I had an emphatic "No!" for an answer.

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
Four grand for a used Les Paul that sells new at L&M for $3199...

·
Premium Member
18,387 Posts

True story. The game described in your post as Sandbags, is also known as (no I'm not making this up) Corn Hole.

The company I work for has a plant in Tennessee. I visit there often in better times. I once saw a notice on the bulletin board advertising for a charity corn hole tournament.

You can't make that shit up.

I was with someone else from our Canadian branch and I made her look at the notice. Damn near shit myself laughing.

I mean, people do it up here, but I've never heard of tournaments.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts

$10k ask for a Sunn Model T BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Florida Man does it again.

·
Registered
1965 Fender Mustang, Ampegs, anything to test an amp.
1,135 Posts

$10k ask for a BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Florida Man does it again.
The asking price for those Sunns has jumped quite a bit...I was considering one like that about 20 years ago...a faulty one on eBay and got sniped on it, sort of made me bitter and never pursued any further on another but I still have an interest for that model...I still have the KT88s that I lined up for that project amp on eBay.

·
Premium Member
18,387 Posts
The asking price for those Sunns has jumped quite a bit...I was considering one like that about 20 years ago...a faulty one on eBay and got sniped on it, sort of made me bitter and never pursued any further on another but I still have an interest for that model...I still have the KT88s that I lined up for that project amp on eBay.
But, but....it’s old and old means vintage, and vintage means better....hence more valuable.

jeez

5241 - 5260 of 5293 Posts