The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

5221 - 5240 of 5293 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
A guy lowballs me for a week on the Marshall Studio 15 I am selling. He finally agrees to pay the asking price. When I ask for payment he writes, “bring it to [city two hours away] and if I like it I will buy it.” Sure dude, I’ll do a four hour round trip so you can try out my amp and see if you like it 🙄😳

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
Hondo Fame pbass $4,000

Nato plywood body, trussrod is out of adjustment. Made in Japan at the fujigen factory circa 1980. Since everybody thinks their p.o.s. guitars are worth big bucks these days I can let this go for $4000. What a steal. Why buy something usable when you can buy this gem and play the hell out of it until the humidity changes. Lowballers will pay $5000. Trade value : $6000 Good luck bidding

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
FB Marketplace. Warmoth body, Mighty Mite neck. Pay close attention to the "Made in Indonesia" on the rear of the headstock. I really hope this is a joke sale ad.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
What the F is with all the people thinking their old but not vintage Gibson bass is worth 2-3 times what it's really worth.

I own this exact bass, if it's worth this much now you'll see it soon in the for sale subforum. Last I checked you'd have a hard time getting 800.

I'm surprised the dude didn't try to leverage that a Victory (though a deluxe/artist vs the Standard, and candyapple red vs silvergreen ) was used by Marty McFly's bass plaer at the beginning of Back to the Future.

And this is just insane:

Which is almost 2k more than a vintage RD Standard (which is what Krist actually played) or like 1.5k more than an RD Artist CMT (last year/2 of prod they added a curly maple top and binding, broke the FX switmode switch into 2 minitoggles and burst finishes were much nicer than the former years "clown burst").

In both cases I went to ebay to see if I was just out of touch (nope, but it seems the sellers are looking at a few extranious asking prices vs actual slod prices because there havent been any recently; fer frick sakes ya noobs)

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
That's the third time the Victory has been up for sale, at the same price.
I've considered it a few times , but not at that asking.

Reactions: Granny Gremlin

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Stumbled upon this by looking at Jon's other listings. Real $$$ opportunity here. Just a couple hitches.

I showed this one to my wife.

“Hey Honey, wanna make $450/month?”

“Gross. No”

She might have an issue with the showering.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
LOL! I read the ad to mine and told her that I'm leaving her to go live in somebody's backyard. She told me that I can't come to her for the other 4 days to shower.

Ouch!!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts

"speaker is 3times bigger than yahama or other Amps" LOL it's a 15.

Also the inflation of prices on TS series amps has gotten well out of hand. This is a pretty cool amp (especially if it has the original RCF speaker) but common man.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts

Also the inflation of prices on TS series amps has gotten well out of hand. This is a pretty cool amp (especially if it has the original RCF speaker) but common man.
I assume he uses new math to determine speaker sizing. He hasn't quite gotten the grasp yet though.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts

Also the inflation of prices on TS series amps has gotten well out of hand. This is a pretty cool amp (especially if it has the original RCF speaker)
If it is the RCF, maybe he's referring to the magnet size, compared to some 'yahama' practice amp. :)

5221 - 5240 of 5293 Posts