The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4791 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will get it started with this knee slapper
Want to sell a 100$ guitar for 250$?
Try adding some photoshop effects to make it sparkle!

Note* real life sparkling effect may be less visible

L

·
0 Posts
[h=1]Wanted: buying MIM strats $150.[/h] if you are tired of posting and re-posting with no inquiries,
I wish to buy your MIM strat! have $150. cash! if it comes
with an amp and in a hard shell case, $200.
turn that strat into fast Christmas present money or pay off the credit card..
have a nice day! peace out! and god bless us, everyone!

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
I like the guy in Ottawa who couldn't sell the Warmoth tele for $1800 last week, so he raised the price to 2K:

Price$2,000.00
Of the many custom shop and masterbuilt fenders I have seen played and owned this Warmoth tele that I am offering for sale definitley holds its own with any of them . No trades cash&carry if you are interested do not email ..enjoy the pics

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wanted: buying MIM strats $150.

if you are tired of posting and re-posting with no inquiries,
I wish to buy your MIM strat! have $150. cash! if it comes
with an amp and in a hard shell case, $200.
turn that strat into fast Christmas present money or pay off the credit card..
have a nice day! peace out! and god bless us, everyone!
That's along the lines of the current troll on ottawa kijiji asking for a gibson les paul for 400$ (but a HSC is a must)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
So, it isn't a 1983?

If it is a 1983, I have no issue with someone calling it vintage. 30 years is 30 years. A '69 Strat was called vintage in 1984 and that was only 15 years. It only matters if you get caught up in the connotation of vintage.

·
Registered
753 Posts
But he's not picky as he will also take an American Strat for $400.

DW
A few people must have taken potshots at his adverts because I noticed over the weekend that they were appearing with, "... won't reply to childish responses." Or something like that.

He's certainly an annoying waste of space and oxygen.

Neil

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I will get it started with this knee slapper
Want to sell a 100$ guitar for 250$?
Try adding some photoshop effects to make it sparkle!

Note* real life sparkling effect may be less visible
The best part about that ad IIRC, is that the gig bag had been bedazzled too . bling bling !!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,879 Posts
So, it isn't a 1983?

If it is a 1983, I have no issue with someone calling it vintage. 30 years is 30 years. A '69 Strat was called vintage in 1984 and that was only 15 years. It only matters if you get caught up in the connotation of vintage.
To me, "vintage" implies a quality beyond just age.
Calling something merely old but unremarkable "vintage", just seems off....although its largely subjective.

but to me its like when fat girls call themselves curvy or voluptuous...its misleading ;)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
From Renfrew area..SX guitar,$200,it's not so much the guitar or the price but this .

"Barely used. Bought to learn guitar but got pregnant and never got around to it. "

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,879 Posts
I love these types of ads on Ottawa Kijiji:

Fender Telecaster - American Standard w/case - Ottawa Musical Instruments For Sale - Kijiji Ottawa Canada.

"$1200 for 4 year old American Standard Tele. Oh and you're getting a deal because the MSRP is $1569!!".

Ummm Doood ... its $1199 for a brand new one at L&M :

Long & McQuade - Fender Musical Instruments American Standard Telecaster - Rosewood Neck - 3 Tone Sunburst
ya, but the "little marks here and there..." cost extra :). And "...people across ontario..." like it, so it must be good ;)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
So, it isn't a 1983?

To me, "vintage" implies a quality beyond just age.
Calling something merely old but unremarkable "vintage", just seems off....although its largely subjective.

but to me its like when fat girls call themselves curvy or voluptuous...its misleading ;)
It's an '83, but 2-knobbers were the absolute low point in the history of the Strat. That's not vintage, it's just a 30 yr old POS.

This being said, if it was clean (notice the screw holes on the face of the headstock from the locking trem) & reasonably priced, it might be a good investment. The poor quality & design concept meant that not a whole lot were made, so it may eventually have some oddball collectibility factor.

In 1984 a '69 Strat was probably just called "used".

P.S. Big girls need lovin' too....and their gratitude usually motivates them to try harder....but pls tell me you didn't fall for that BBW crap.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
That's along the lines of the current troll on ottawa kijiji asking for a gibson les paul for 400$ (but a HSC is a must)
But he's not picky as he will also take an American Strat for $400.

DW
I wonder if this is the same arsehole that kept e-mailing offering $500 "quick X-Mas cash" for an absolutely killer (i.e. good enough to chase an Andy out the door) 97 Am Std Strat in excellent condition.

When I politely said no thank you, despite having never seen the guitar in person, let alone play it, he launched into this major diatribe about how terrible 90s Strats were. If it was such a POS then why did he keep hounding me to buy it? Dink.

P.S. Both the Am Strat & the Andy found their way to forum members & last I've heard the current owners are quite happy w/ their purchases.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Round here, I've just been seeing a number of Highway One series Fenders posted as "American Standard" Fenders - and of course they're asking more than a Highway One even costs to buy new.

The other funny thing is those who don't understand what "MSRP" pricing is versus retail. "This Fender lists at $1999 so I'm only asking $1300", meanwhile actual retail price is $1000.

Also recently saw a "vintage 1972 Telecater" asking $2000 turn into a "Partscaster" asking $400 over the space of a week.

So here it's mainly just pricing that's wacky. People want $900+ for their used AS Fender but they can be had brand new all day long for under $900 on Hello Music's website.

1 - 20 of 4791 Posts