The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
UG-1 _ Pix to Follow (You've Been Warned)

I have a guitar that is sooooo ugly, I made a truss rod cover with UG1 lettered on it (for Ugly Guitar 1)

I'm on the road now, but later this week I'll take some pix and post them.

Be warned, it's so ugly it's sad.

It's a white Guild solid body, neck thru the body, I never knew the model.
It was routed for God knows what, by an unskilled hobbyist, who never finished the job, so there's a big hole in it.

I replaced the tuners with Gibson Tuners from a 74 Les Paul. (the LP was upgraded to Grovers, and these were left laying around)

It has a poorly installed Brass Nut.

That's when it was named UG-1.

Next, I loaned it to a friend / student in need of a guitar in the 90s. She had it in her closet when when her house burnt to the ground!
The charred / water damaged case was found in the rubble.

When what was left of the the case was peeled away, the UG-1 remained!
Covered with soot, and slightly burnt. She gave it back to me...

That was about 10 years ago. I threw it (case-less) under a table in a home studio, where it still resides.

Later duuudes....

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
LOL

That Wangcaster is hilarious. And brutally ugly, to boot. The alien guitar barely compares, although it is very strange. As for the American guitar, cheesy for sure. Alaskans and Hawaiians ought to be grateful for having been exempted.

Penis guitar wins so far, hands down. I'd love to see some other examples though.

As for the Parkers, I think they're cool. I guess ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm quite certain the alien guitar was a concept, from Steve Vai's Ultra Zone album cover, built to scale (of some sort).

·
Registered
38 Posts
One word UUGGGHHHH. What do you think people are thinking when they make guitars like these :S. Well maybe they're just being creative... I guess sometimes it is better to just think inside the box XD.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
One word UUGGGHHHH. What do you think people are thinking when they make guitars like these :S. Well maybe they're just being creative... I guess sometimes it is better to just think inside the box XD.
Nothing wrong with that if you drive one of these

1 - 20 of 42 Posts