The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! I played the new bass almost all night last night at my gig, and loved it!! Why have I been so down on jazz and P basses the first 22 years of my bass playing days?

I just got it Friday morning, did a quick set-up, and brought it to the gig in the cardboard box it came in .

I'm not even sure I'm going to upgrade the bridge, though it definitely needs 250K pots. Compared to my SX Jazz, the volume and overall depth of sound was quite a bit lacking. Cured easily enough with the eq on the amp for now, but it sure made the soundman jump when I switched up to the jazz for a few songs.

The simplicity and feel of the p-bass is great. Works so well for what I play, and with the tone control and moving my hand around, I can get all the versatility I need.

Don't know if I got lucky or not, but this bass had no issues whatsoever with the frets or any other finish or hardware. If it weren't for the fact the guts are upgraded on my jazz bass, this thing would be just fine right out of the box!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Renniw said:
How much did you pay for it (total canadian funds)?
$185.74US for the P bass shipped to my door. I haven't yet checked what the Canadian conversion was on my m/c, but I imagine it is around $212 CAN or so give or take a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jane said:
That sounds like a really good price... I'm thinking of picking one up. Does that include customs, etc?
Yes. Customs, duty, taxes etc... What the Rondo website shows on your shopping cart is what you are charged (in US funds of course). There are no other fees or hidden charges when the instrument gets to your door.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
congratulations on another one. You got any pictures of this one yet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts