The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In response to David Henman's thread 'The Most Annoying Sound In The World', are there sounds that just send shivers up your spine (good shivers)?

I can think of a few..... nothing beats the sound of a smooth-running loud V-8 engine. I also LOVE the sound of helicopter blades as they warm up. And I love the sound of my cats purring in my ears when I wake up in the morning. Growing up in an army camp, the sound of the bugle playing Taps gets a mixed response from me (love/hate).

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
(It has to be said) the sound of mutual simultaneous orgasm.

My wife, my kids, my dogs, the wind off Georgian Bay any time of the year...

TELECASTER.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
My two year olds laughter for sure. When she really gets going it's like a machine gun, totally Infectious!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Most of the sounds would probably involve sex or (and...?) a guitar.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I love the sound of an engine revving up. Like a good sounding engine. Not a honda.

·
Premium Member
13,026 Posts
The sound of duct tape,... taping up Yoko Ono.

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
Oh Gilliangirl, good one, wait 'til I tell the bride!

bagpipe...You need to ask?

"FedEx is here!" Is pretty good too (I'm expecting something from The 12th Fret this week).

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
The sound of either of my kids laughing really, really hard. Not just a chuckle, but the big belly laugh they sometimes do.

Sappy, I know.
I second that in a big way!!

A very close second for me is: complete silence and then I add some pristinely recorded music played at a comfortable listening level. Then I just sit back and close my eyes and LISTEN.

Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very often.

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
I like days like today when I can hear and taste the wind off Lake Huron, it reminds me of my mortality.

Peace, Mooh.

C

·
0 Posts
It's not tops of my list, but I love the sound of breaking glass.... Especially a BIG window pane....

There are a BUNCH of sounds that my wife makes that are above that on my list....

I've heard The Northern Lights.... that was pretty FN cool

1 - 20 of 22 Posts