The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, its a New Awesome Cheap Guitar Day.
I need a new car and sold my '66 P-bass and '74 Goldtop. Strangely enough, I sold the same guy 2 guitars 3 years ago. This guy has now spent 10,000$ at my house.

So...to make up for it, I bought a new guitar today for 300$. Its a Cort Hiram Bullock signature series.
I was a big fan of his on Letterman, man, did that band ever kick ass!

The quality of this guitar is ridiculous for 300$.
Sperzel locking tuners,
Swamp ash body,
Wilkinson Tremolo (Amazing trem!)
Roller nut, Beautiful birdseye maple neck.
This guitar would probably be 10x as much if it was a booteek fancy pants guitar.
Plus, he threw in a really nice strap with the attached Jim Dunlop locking strap pegs.
I haven't plugged it in, but I have never been super picky about pickups and find most guitars to sound pretty darn good with a good amp so I am sure they will be fine.
Just wanted to share!
Cheers

IMG_1112[1].JPG IMG_1113[1].JPG

·
Premium Member
8,573 Posts
I believe it. I was tempted to buy a flying V I saw today on Reverb, because my Cort 335 is so damn good (every bit as good as my old Yamaha 2200 that was almost $2K more). But...I'm liquidating, so even the 335 is gonna go at Elmira.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
that is a cool guitar!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've owned 4 Cort instruments; 3 basses and a guitar. All were pretty good instruments, and each had features above and beyond their price range

Cort is a sleeper guitar brand. Cortek, the parent company used to produce instruments for brands like ibanez, epiphone and Washburn. They ran into some labour issues a few years back, and I kinda lost track of what their productions are now. The Korean made Cort's are very comparable to mim fenders.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I owned a Cort back in the late 90's and man was it solid. I own a cheaper end dean hardtail and that thing is a dream to play. Cheap guitars can definitely be sleepers sometimes.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I probably shouldn't even use the word "cheap". .... Inexpensive!!
If you went to a builder, and wanted to make this guitar, same materials, it would probably be over 2000$

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Very good find!

It's my understanding that the '90s Squier ProTones were made by Cort. Mine was one of the best Teles I've owned, Regardless, I can't recall a Cort that wasn't worth the sticker price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts