The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

The Man Cave

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Electraglide 
#1 ·
What is it about the Man Cave that so many find so appealing. Is it the low light? The dampness? The low ceilings? The poor air quality? The coldness? The virtual impossibility of seeing outside directly?

I honestly think there is still a primitive part of our brain that gives us safety signals when we’re in most or all of the above conditions. Every great bar, recording studio, and (almost) every artist’s creative space I can think of satisfies the conditions to be a Man Cave.

#7 ·
Sure but the used price for all my guitars wouldn't add up to $1500 and the 12 string is a rental going back to L&M next week. I'm thinking of asking if they would trade the $280 used Epi DR 12 string for my 1992 Korean Epi Les Paul hanging on the wall. Still undecided if I want the 12 string right now.

#15 ·
What is it about the Man Cave that so many find so appealing. Is it the low light? The dampness? The low ceilings? The poor air quality? The coldness? The virtual impossibility of seeing outside directly?
You just described my basement shop, not my man cave. Among the piles of Rubbermaid storage bins are power tools and wood, and nothing to sit on save for a stool. It's a claustrophobic fire trap that freaks me out if I think about it too much.

My living room/studio space has ceiling fans and lights, 4 windows for natural light, a door to the kitchen, instruments, decent heating, regular ceiling height, and the added bonus of 2 dogs most of the time. I spend a lot of time there.

Peace, Mooh.

#17 ·
I have no problem with women in my space downstairs....the wife on the other hand might at times.
@High/Deaf.....nice touch with the Lava Lamp. Mines from the early 70's and the grand daughters want to "borrow" it. I can't see a black light tho or is it like mine, an incandescent bulb type the older than my Lava Lamp. I have to get that back from my son.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.