The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not condemning anyone who may wish to wear this ?? apparent hair style, I just think it looks rather odd and out of place in the situations I have had the misfortune to encounter this oddity.
Does the wearing of a certain stye of clothing or the crowd you hang with, necesitate this style of hairdo.
What type of message are the people who wear this trying to send us?
I have noticed the bun seems to have a larger following with athletes from other countries. is this more fashionable in their home country, not condemning just curious.
Please don't be offended by my questions if you wear a bun, my own hairdo looks like the nest of a drunken crow after a major wind storm.
:)

·
Premium Member
8,577 Posts
Though other civilizations probably did it, I believe current popularity has its roots in admirers of Japanese // samurai culture, then it became 'a thing'. Probably disappear from the mainstream any time now, sorta like hipsters did - they're not all gone but many fewer around than even a year ago.

·
Premium Member
13,025 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
No offence but honestly if I always wondered if the men who have these are gay. I told my sister that and she flipped. Having said that I know having a man bun doesn't make you gay just looks really flamboyant lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I thought this thread had potential when I saw it pop up ,,,.and it does,,// I believe it will only improve from here on in. Keep the wisdom coming

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I think my cousin does it to hide his balding at the crown. Maybe others have this same idea?

I think its weird, but then I grew up in the country and believe a mans hair should never be more than an inch or two long. Unless its on their body as a man should never shave his body. Except his junk, that is okay as its more comfortable and the girls like it better.

Also, based on the posts of most of the people on this forum, I gather the average age is in the 50's so it would make sense why a lot of people on here wouldn't get it.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I used to work with some people who did that

it looks sorta pseudo viking to me? keeps you hair out of your eyes when swinging a broadsword, or axe

if I could still grow hair I'd be doing all kinds of stuff. who cares, really? it's their hair

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I like mine short, but like everyone in the 80's, it was long. Styles come and go and always will

·
Premium Member
10,947 Posts
In the '70s I used to wear mine in a ponytail, or sometimes braided, and it was kind of long even then. (It wouldn't have fit in a man bun without a lot of work.) It was stylish then. I grew it out again ten years or so ago for a cancer charity but have kept it short ever since.

The man bun just looks like a lot of work.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
I miss hair…

Sent from my other brain.

Reactions: sulphur

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
It is a fad!

It's all subjective.

It's like WTF are(were) they thinking?