The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

The Coles Notes is this: we are closing the online store at the end of the month. But this also means discount codes to clear out inventory.

If you have a question about why Noise Supply is closing, who the heck Noise Supply even is, or just want to reminisce in all that is/was Noise Supply, you can probably find the answers here:

The Life & Death of Noise Supply, Or: How I Learned to Say Goodbye and Give You Discounts

I actually intended to make that post here, but apparently I'm not good at summarizing, and it was too long to post on the forum. Therein lies your warning, it'll definitely be a TL;DR for some folks.

For your convenience, here are the relevant discount codes from the article:

GEARBABY = Save 10% off any size order.
GEARPEON
= Save 14% off orders $200 and up.
STOCKINGUP = Save $100 off orders $600 and up.
GEARLEADER = Save 16.5% off orders $650 and up.
GEARHOARDER = Save $200 off orders $1100 and up.
GEARMASTER = Save 18% off orders $1200 and up.
GEARGOD = Save 22% off orders $2000 and up.

Get shopping, before all the good stuff is gone: http://noisesupply.ca

PS - Don't forget strings and accessories. Additionally, sold items have been removed, and products now show in stock amount, so you can be confident in bulk orders (on some products where you select a variant by size/colour/type, this feature isn't quite working correctly, but is working correctly on most items).

·
Premium Member
17,330 Posts
I want to thank Brett for taking the time to assist me in the past and to wish him and his family all the best in the future.

I read "The Life & Death of Noise Supply, Or: How I Learned to Say Goodbye and Give You Discounts" ...well written and very interesting.

BTW...Isaac and I will be celebrating our birthdays on the same day!

Cheers

Dave

I

·
0 Posts
Just reading your LinkedIn post -- can also confirm that Harvey's is one of the things we miss living in the USA. Something about their almost cafeteria-like burger that just gets in your head and makes you crave it fortnightly.

Edit: I also know a good accountant in Texas who's an expat who does a great job of dual-filing preparations. Let me know if you need a hookup.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just reading your LinkedIn post -- can also confirm that Harvey's is one of the things we miss living in the USA. Something about their almost cafeteria-like burger that just gets in your head and makes you crave it fortnightly.

Edit: I also know a good accountant in Texas who's an expat who does a great job of dual-filing preparations. Let me know if you need a hookup.
Harvey's is the only fast food place where actually crave beef, let alone am able to stomach it. If I end up at a fast food place that isn't Harvey's you can pretty much guarantee I'm getting chicken.

Also thanks for the accountant offer. Filing-wise we are already covered for the length of our stay down here, so no worries there. And book-keeping wise, I hate doing the books (although my sound design business is WAY easier than Noise Supply), but unfortunately I'm way too cheap not to do it myself.

·
Registered
14,582 Posts
Sad to see you go--but understand why--I'll take a look at the website again--but didn't see the main things I'd be looking for--such as an octave and/or pitch bend/altering type pedal.

Reactions: Noise Supply

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sorry to hear about this Brett but I can understand why you're doing it. I read the "long" story on the website and hopefully sometime in the future, if you think you want to, you can revive Noise Supply. I only bought a set of strings from you but they arrived quickly and the price was reasonable. Good luck with whatever's your next endeavor in the future.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A lot of people jumped on some of the good stuff early, but there is still plenty of great stuff available. Additionally, stuff that hasn't had any movement since the closure was announced has had some price slashing (in addition to the available discount codes in post #1) - this includes accessories AND even some effects pedals (including some of my favourites like the Pistol Slapper and Hunger Bender; as well as some Walrus, etc., etc.). Note: stuff that has moved during the clearance won't be going down any further in price, so the clever early birds out there can rest assured they got the best deal possible.

So there is still time to take advantage, or take a second look around!

Don't miss out: Noise Supply - The Finest Boutique & Innovative Guitar Products

·
Registered
14,582 Posts
Hmm, I'm not on facebook--could I lend a sticker to someone who is?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm, I'm not on facebook--could I lend a sticker to someone who is?
Of course you can! Or you can just send them the picture to post and make it extra easy on them! I'm really just in it for the pics!

You have till tomorrow afternoonish!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And that's it. We are done! Store is boarded up. If you visit the store, and it still looks like a store, that's because you have visited the store before and your cache is telling directing to the old DNS numbers. When you clear your cache, it will direct to the appropriate location.

As for the Going Out Giveaway on Facebook. Since most of you are also here, I'll post it here too:

Random.org has spoken: 5, 8, 2. Which means Bear GoneFission gets Prize Pack 1, Jock McKenzie gets Prize Pack 2, Puck Head gets Prize Pack 3. The prize packs are more or less equal in value, so if you guys want to trade prize packs amoung yourselves because you don't need the main item, just make sure you both let me know that you both agree to it. Van Wilde and Jason Kwok, also thanks for participating, I have goodies for you too. So all 5 of you need to private message me with your addresses, so I can send these out. Thanks folks!

Prize Pack #1
1 x Noise Supply Cable (with SilentPlug)
1 x Roll of Blackbird Pedalboard Tape
1 Set of Aurora Strings (choose your gauge, colour choice is not guaranteed)
STICKERS!

Prize Pack #2
1 x Standback Amp Stand
STICKERS!

Prize Pack #3
1 x BRTB Passive DI Box
STICKERS!

Consolation Prizes - Because you are all winners in my eyes:
2 Set of Aurora Strings (choose your gauge, colour choice is not guaranteed)
STICKERS!

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
And that's it. We are done! Store is boarded up. If you visit the store, and it still looks like a store, that's because you have visited the store before and your cache is telling directing to the old DNS numbers. When you clear your cache, it will direct to the appropriate location.

As for the Going Out Giveaway on Facebook. Since most of you are also here, I'll post it here too:

Random.org has spoken: 5, 8, 2. Which means Bear GoneFission gets Prize Pack 1, Jock McKenzie gets Prize Pack 2, Puck Head gets Prize Pack 3. The prize packs are more or less equal in value, so if you guys want to trade prize packs amoung yourselves because you don't need the main item, just make sure you both let me know that you both agree to it. Van Wilde and Jason Kwok, also thanks for participating, I have goodies for you too. So all 5 of you need to private message me with your addresses, so I can send these out. Thanks folks!

Prize Pack #1
1 x Noise Supply Cable (with SilentPlug)
STICKERS!

Prize Pack #2
1 x Standback Amp Stand
STICKERS!

Prize Pack #3
1 x BRTB Passive DI Box
STICKERS!

Consolation Prizes - Because you are all winners in my eyes:
2 Set of Aurora Strings (choose your gauge, colour choice is not guaranteed)
STICKERS!
Best of luck in your new venture and look forward to making noise (literally…) with the Bad Comrade.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts