The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Do you think the Banana "emoticon" in question is part of a huge....conspiracy?

• yes of course guitaristz...your a genius

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • no way man...what you been smokin'?

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyway....there are a LOT of smiley face emoticon things to use on this forum....anyway...we all know what the smiley face is for, its for when you express happiness...and the sad face, when you want to express sadness, and the angry one, to express anger....

WELL WHAT IS THE BANANA ABOUT!?!?

I see it used SOOOO often I need to know....I think....its....

shh!!! dont tell.....

A CONSPIRACY!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

does it like symbolize a happy mood? wha???

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
yes they are hypnotic.... if you watch them long enough they hypnotize you into buying more gear..... now keep your eye on the banana :banana:
your getting sleepy....:zzz:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
This is the stupidest thread I have seen in a long time.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I've got a banana story for you (no not that kind - a clean one)

The year, I believe, was 1980. My mother came home one day from grocery shopping, and I couldn't help but notice that she had bought an abnormal amount of bananas - about 10 pounds (4.5Kg) of them. I love bananas, in fact it is pretty much the only fruit I eat, so I have to ask why she bought so many. "Banana Wars" was her reply "Bananas are a penny a pound at Dominion" (Grocery store)

:banana:

I quickly run upstairs to my bedroom and rummage through my sock drawer where I stashed my allowance. I had about two dollars and fifteen cents. That otta buy me some bananas.

I run backdown stairs and out the front door. My trusty 10 speed (stuck in tenth gear of course) is waiting for me. I hop on and drive away towards Tacoma drive in Dartmouth Nova Scotia. I wiz down Main Street and take the little back roard short cut behind the Garden View restraunt and I reach my destination in record time.

As I approach the parking lot there are bananas as far as the eye can see, everyone is buying them. I hurry to get inside before they are all gone. I leave my bike outside and grab a shopping cart.

As I walk briskly through the store pushing my cart with the one bum wheel, I get the feeling that I'm too late. Then I get to the last aisle and I hit the motherload - The entire aisle is full of skids of Bananas, and they are only a penny a pound!

I start filling my cart until it is over flowing with yellow goodness.

It wasn't until I statrted pushing my limping cart towards the checkout that I realized that I had no way of getting all of these bananas home on my bike - no problem I figure I will eat some and just attach the rest to my bike.

The checkout girl wasn't too impressed with my banana purchase as she had the weigh them all on a small scale and then tally up the total, which came to $0.89 for 89 pounds (40Kg) of delectable monkey treats.

I push my cart outside, triumphantly, into the warm summer sun. It's eatin time. I eat four, maybe five bananas and I'm stuffed.

I start packing bananas onto my bike. At first it's going pretty good, the bunches lend themselves quite nicely to hanging on the crossbars of the bike, but I am quickly running out of room. Then the bike falls over. I pick it up and start (pretty much) all over again. This little load bananas, bike falls down thing plays out three or four more times before a Dominion employee comes out and hands me a spool of string. "Here, use this" is all he says before he walks away.

Well this is not to bad, the bike still falls over a couple of times, but now most of the bananas stay on. I can now also string bunches and hang them from the strings, increasing my load capacity. Finally I reach a point where no more bananas could possibly fit on my bike. There are not too many left over, considering that I threw some out as they had gotten squashed when the bike fell over - So I eat a few more and some are left behind.

Time to ride. I get on my bike, which is now incredibly heavy and very uncomfortable as there are bananas everywhere. I struggle to get the thing underway in tenth gear, I wobble but I stabalize and I'm on my way.

The ride from Tacoma Drive in Dartmouth to my mother's house off of Strath lane is all uphill. I retrace my path back up the hill and onto main street - more than a few cars honk and wave along the way. I'm sweating, overheating thirsty as hell and I've just eaten way too many bananas, but I make it - all the way to the corner of Main Street and Caledonia Road.

As I approach the intersection, I'm glad to see that there is not much traffic. I'm even more thankfull that the light is green so I don't have to slow down and stop. The pavement here is on level grade and my legs are loving it, I enter the intersection and lean into the left hand turn - then it happens....

There are at least six bunches of bananas dangling from strings that are tied to my handle bars - I had been aware of them as they had been swinging back and forth as I've been peddaling my ass off, and every now and then they would hit the spokes. The turn is too much for these bananas, and gravity takes over.

I remember seeing the first bunch of bananas mash into the spokes and get sucked in, but that was pretty much it. The bike went down hard on it's left side and then flipped and tumbled a couple of times taking me along for the ride. I heard the screaching of tires and the slamming of car doors. I open my eyes and I am looking at St. Thomas Moore Church. Everything is hazey and I can't see very well. "Are you allright buddy" some one asks, but I'm too stunned to answer. I start to get up, but I slip and fall back down. My head is heavy and I'm thinking maybe my brains are hanging out or something - I reach up and try to wipe the blood from my face but I discover that I'm just covered in mashed banana.

The guy who got out of his car to help is now prodding me to see if I'm allright. I assure him that I'm fine and he helps me to my feet. The whole intersection is stopped and there are probably ten to fifteen people out of there cars surveying the scene.

There are bananas thrown everywhere and there is a banana mash slick that extends from the middle of the intersection all the way across the street to where my bike lays at my feet.

Then it hits me, and I do what any ten year old boy would do - I pick up my bike and high tail it out of there. The bike was slippery as hell and the front rim was bent so it touched both brake pads during each rotation. That didn't slow me down as the rim was greasy enough that the brakes were totaly useless anyway. There are strings trailing, some with half mashed bananas, some with a few intact. Banana crap is flinging up in my face from the front rim, but my adreanaline is pumping and I don't care.

I make it home and luckily my mother had gone out. My oldest brother was down in the basement with his girlfriend, and he just yells to stay upstairs when I come in the door. It is then that I catch the first glimpse of myself in the mirror - it was unbelieveable the amount of banana spunk that I was covered with. I run back out side and take another look at my bike which is pretty spunky itself.

I drag my bike out to the side of the house and start hosing it down. I salvage a couple of pounds of bananas and hose myself off too. There are plenty of neighbors that seen me, but no one said a word to me or asked what I was doing - after all we were 'that' family on the street and they had seen worse. I strip down in the back yard and throw my clothes on the clothes line to dry out. I come back in the house - "stay upstairs!" - I go upstairs and take a shower and a bath.

My mother comes home, and other than the fact that there are a few more bananas in the house and my clothes are wet on the line, she's none the wiser. I don't mention a thing, and neither does anyone else.

The next day, I went back to the scene and someone had cleaned up the bananas, but there was still a slick there and it was really slippery. It looked like an oil slick as most of the mash had either been removed or washed away.

Later the same day someone had marked the location with pylons and covered the slick with kitty litter. This never removed the slick as I would look for it every time I passed through that intersection and it was still visable (buy not slippery) untill the intersection was repaved some years later.

·
Registered
233 Posts
PaulS said:
yes they are hypnotic.... if you watch them long enough they hypnotize you into buying more gear...
Dang, is that all it takes? I'm gonna start using the banana in all my posts.

:banana: buy a guitar from JSD's :banana: you know you want one :banana: do it now :banana:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was a very interesting story hammguitars! thank you for sharing! my eyes were glued to the monitor for a while there lol thanks!

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...just my opinion, of course, but i think that banana is overly ripe. a good banana should still have a touch of green on the skin, unless you're using it to make a smoothie, or bake banana bread/muffins, in which case it should have lots of little brown spots.

i hate to be picky, but we are talking about bananas here, after all.

-dh

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
david henman said:
...just my opinion, of course, but i think that banana is overly ripe. a good banana should still have a touch of green on the skin, unless you're using it to make a smoothie, or bake banana bread/muffins, in which case it should have lots of little brown spots.

i hate to be picky, but we are talking about bananas here, after all.

-dh
Plus, the bananas here in Canada are tasteless compared to the ones from places like the Philippines, etc. so tasty.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JSD's Guitar Shack said:
Dang, is that all it takes? I'm gonna start using the banana in all my posts.

:banana: buy a guitar from JSD's :banana: you know you want one :banana: do it now :banana:

must....buy.........guitar!

wait....first......must.....have....more money!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts