The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,018 Posts
I'd be celebrating if I could make an 80% profit on all of my guitars, too.

Well, that's not true. I have a couple I've had for decades that I wouldn't part with for less than a 300% to 600% profit. But not all of them, just the ones I bought in the 70s.

Reactions: Jaybo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gibson never made a "Celebration" model. This is 2013 LPJ with a custom truss rod cover and pickguard. 2014's had the anniversary inlay at the 12th fret. This one looks to have the standard trapezoid at the 12th.

LPJs and SGJs are fantastic guitars, I love my SGJ - bought it new for 459.99 in 2014. But this dude is clearly trying to rip someone off hard and thinks he can easily create a "model" name.

Wait a few months to a year and he'll re-list it as an LPJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just realized the pic above is a video of Woodeso saying pretty much what I wrote above this comment. Some people's kids...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,285 Posts
it's nothing new, i see this sort of thing all the time. these people will swear they are true till their blue in the face even though some folks like us may know better

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Aside from the bogus 80th aspect, what makes this different than 70% of the Gibsons on kijiji? They're all stupidly overpriced.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
well color does mean something to gibson, there Epiphone Double neck they where selling for 799.00 in cherry red, they introduced in white for 1599 and people are buying them.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Now I find that someone's made a video about the Kijiji post:

And the really sad part is Kijiji will not do anything about it, i reported a guy that scammed me, he had other items on kijiji, they would not do anything..they said they bring buyers and sellers together, and thats all they do...so you report the ad, what good does it do..

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I just sent the guy a message and also reported it..even though reporting did not work for me, maybe it will for this one..

Does anybody see anything wrong with his other ads, he has a 70s silverface that looks like brand new..

Kijiji Canada

L

·
0 Posts
.. so you report the ad, what good does it do.
This ad has a fake smell to me.:confused:
I wonder if they would do anything about it.

1941 Schwerer Gustav 1 OF 2 EVER BUILT $100,000

Selling my WW2 collector's vehicle. Family heirloom.

Your chance to own a piece of history and show it off at the Legion (especially bingo night!)

Everything runs well, just needs oil change and turret realignment. Floor boards could use some attention.

Decomission to post-war spec as per Canadian law.

Wife wants garage space back, kids don't have the room for it.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
This ad has a fake smell to me.:confused:
Should this be reported?

1941 Schwerer Gustav 1 OF 2 EVER BUILT $100,000

Selling my WW2 collector's vehicle. Family heirloom.

Your chance to own a piece of history and show it off at the Legion (especially bingo night!)

Everything runs well, just needs oil change and turret realignment. Floor boards could use some attention.

Decomission to post-war spec as per Canadian law.

Wife wants garage space back, kids don't have the room for it.

Well if your trying to be sarcastic because i reported the guitar ad to try and save a person from getting scammed, good for you..

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't think any offense was intended Rick, Laristotle was just showing us a funny ad that was obviously satirizing scammers and poking fun at them. We all hate people that try to con honest individuals to make a buck and good for you for pointing out the white Gibson for us. The WWII Gustav ad was funny though...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts