The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
A Capo?!!!

Jeff,

My image of you is shattered! A Capo?!!! ;)

It looks like a great piece of technology...a little more so than my Kyser, which I don't have any problems with so far. Nevertheless, where did you find the G7 and how many bones did they skin you for it?

I'll keep my eye open for one next time I make the rounds...

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lolligagger said:
Jeff,

My image of you is shattered! A Capo?!!! ;)

It looks like a great piece of technology...a little more so than my Kyser, which I don't have any problems with so far. Nevertheless, where did you find the G7 and how many bones did they skin you for it?

I'll keep my eye open for one next time I make the rounds...
It's pretty expensive but it's the only real option for the V Neck on my Martin. They go for $40+ I got it for just over $30.

PS) All in preperation to play "Small Town" by John M.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Great idea on the JCM!

Excellent, thanks! I was just thinking the other day that I should dust off my old JCM albums and start to build a little of his material into my repetoire. There wasn't a day that passed by in my teens that I didn't listen to JCM...even through my metal years.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Calgary Slim said:
So what differentiates this from just the regular Dunlop trigger capo that I've got?
I've never tried the Dunlop tigger so I don't know. Do you have different clickable tensions? And then hit the switch to release? The G7th is extremely solid as well.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I thought the Dunlop and Kyser pretty much work the same way using constant tension. I bought a G7th and tried it on my guitars. Worked well on the Larrivée and custom-built 6-strings but failed to clamp well on my Martin 12 string. Brought it back the next day for a full refund.

Went back to the reliable Shubbs.

Does anybody have experience with the Planet Waves NS Capo?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
I've never tried the Dunlop tigger so I don't know. Do you have different clickable tensions? And then hit the switch to release? The G7th is extremely solid as well.
No, I don't, so that would be a difference right there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.