The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
23,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a guitar I built from parts sometime in the early 2000's. It was one of those builds that just seemed to fall together and proved to be my main gigging guitar for five or six years.

As I'm presently waiting for my next body from Mr. Nieman, I thought I'd give this one a makeover.

I've already dis-assembled it, and will start stripping the poly over the weekend.

Once I get it down to just a little paint, I'll prep it for Amanda's artwork.

Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory Musician String instrument

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory

· Premium Member
23,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you picked a colour pallette for Amanda, or does she have free reign?
Somewhere between autocratic direction and free rein.

I want a white background like Tarasque. She’s thinking blue and gold. The pups are black. Bridge and hardware are gold.

I’ll replace the pickup surrounds and I’m thinking of using neck ferrules instead of a plate.

Gold O-ring knobs.

· Premium Member
23,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'll be needing a set of tuners. The ones I removed are damaged. They have the anti-rotation nubs (like Fender but two per tuner) and when I installed them (many years ago) I was lazy and didn't drill holes to accept those nubs. Consequently, although the tuners worked just fine, they're damaged and I'd prefer to correct that.

I did post in the For Sale section. If needs be, I'll just buy a set of Wilkinson mini-beans, which I prefer, but I'm always open to suggestions.

I'm hoping someone here may have "upgraded" to locking tuners and may have a set of non-lockers they want to move along. MUST BE GOLD.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts