The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yep. It's an unbelievable movie and I'm dissapointed more people haven't seen it. There are parts when McNamara is talking about the bad choices that were made and he's so upset about it that you can't help but feel a little choked up for him.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Astonishingly, Robert McNamara seems to have been a thinking man in a time where the USA was obsessed with prejudicial foreign policy, and rampant paranoia about commies....OH! I Forgot! That describes GW Bush to a tee!

It's a wonder we all survived the early sixties, when the nuclear clock reached 11:59 PM.

·
Registered
319 Posts
U.S policy

Here is the crux of U.S foreign policy.........a War economy is a booming economy that is why they are always very eager to show their military hardware, which is constantly being developed. (whats up with that disgusting show on Discovery) "FUTURE WEAPONS"........we have bigger fish to fry than this crap.
Just watch they'll start something with the Afghans or the Iranians.
They are war mongers..............just listen to their pathetic national anthem.....its a glorification of war.
If this sounds anti american.............you got that right.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Yeah loved that one. Youre right, I was a little choked up when McNamara got that way.
Got to say though, I've worked with Erroll Morris and he is a nutbar. It's hard now for me to look at his films and have a lot of respect for the man. So to get by that and still love his movie.....is saying something for it.
Robert McNamara is very engaging though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts