The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Cheap mid-east oil is what keeps the US involved there. The oil is here and we should be exploiting it as much as we can. Saskatchewan has the finest urainium reserves on the planet. Yet we do not use it to produce the electricity that could be utilized in bringing tarsand refining costs down. Saskatchewan has a convoluted way of seeing the way it exploits it's urainium. We'll mine it, and we'll sell it. But not use it, thinking we're on some sort of moral high ground. I feel there is huge potential for Saskatchewan's economic benefit if the province would recognize that the end product is more valuable than raw goods going 'who knows where'.

· Registered
168 Posts
What I find disturbing is Canada's willingness to follow U.S. direction. We're in Afganistan fighting the Taliban. And we have fine young Canadians dying there. And only couple of short decades ago the Taliban were the good guys receiving covert U.S. aid from the CIA. Now the United States has 'employed' there Canadian friends to deal with a group the U.S. once supported. The U.S. has a twisted way of dealing with foreign interests. And don't kid yourselves there have been more than one U.S. invaision in the Americas. Sooner or later mothers who have lost their kids to oil will be heard and the nonsense will stop and the price for expensive Canadian oil won't seem so high when we look back and realize just how much we paid for 'cheap mid-
east oil'.

And yes I know urainium is spelled uranium, low caffeine day.

· Registered
168 Posts
Binladen was and is a direct threat to the U.S. and since 9/11 the world. Saddam on the other hand was a localized threat and after the myth (lie)of 'weopons of mass distruction' was dispelled. Even less of a threat. It seems to me that Bush would rather chase fairy tales than what I would perceive as a true threat. Canadians in Afganistan are fighting terroism, Bush in Iraq is warring for 'cheap oil'. As long as Canada assumes the Afgan responsibility the U.S. can concentrate it's resources in Iraq. We're being played folks, and it's going to amount to people dying for BS U.S. foreign policy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.