The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,118 Posts
MaxWedge said:
What I find disturbing is Canada's willingness to follow U.S. direction. We're in Afganistan fighting the Taliban. And we have fine young Canadians dying there. And only couple of short decades ago the Taliban were the good guys receiving covert U.S. aid from the CIA. Now the United States has 'employed' there Canadian friends to deal with a group the U.S. once supported. The U.S. has a twisted way of dealing with foreign interests. And don't kid yourselves there have been more than one U.S. invaision in the Americas. Sooner or later mothers who have lost their kids to oil will be heard and the nonsense will stop and the price for expensive Canadian oil won't seem so high when we look back and realize just how much we paid for 'cheap mid-
east oil'.

And yes I know urainium is spelled uranium, low caffeine day.
We are in Afganistan because of 911. Trying to help hunt down the worlds infamous terrorist, whom the Taliban want to protect. I have no problem with this.

Now if we had gone to Iraq, that would have been another story. Saddam needed to be removed, but black gold definately was the US's ultimate reason.

· Registered
3,118 Posts
david henman said:
...newsflash: he's not there.

but canadian soldiers are, and they're getting killed. for what?

-dh
Are you serious?

Let's walk away, that will reduce future attacks. :rolleyes:

I hate seeing or service people dieing, but really don't see another solution. We can't allow Afganistan to become a safe haven again.

PS) I hate political/world issue threads they just turn into a bunch of bullshit bickering. Reminds me of Harmony Central.

· Registered
3,118 Posts
Milkman said:
I would be happy to see our troops leave Afghanistan without delay.

Everytime we see the repatriation ceremony or hear the bagpipes playing, it might be helpful to remember that Afghani parents are also burying their children (soldiers) because of our activities there and if reports are accurate many more Afghanis are dying than Canadians.

Our soldiers are following orders and for that they are justified, but they are killing Afghanis in their country.

I do not support this.
Your right, it's extremely sad. Very unfortunate consequences started by a much smaller group of Extremists.

The problem is: There isn't a simple line drawn in the sand that we can just back across and the problem goes away.

They have no problem coming to our soil and killing innocent North Americans. By backing down it becomes that much easier for them. The more they are on the run the safer our family and friends are.

With that said, enough of this thread for me. :food-smiley-004:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.