The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...years ago i discovered the joys of wearing cowboy boots. a good pair of cowboy boots is the ultimate in comfort - you can wear them for days on end without fatigue or pain. as an added bonus, they look great (except with too-short bell bottoms:rolleyes:)

any aficianados here? what are the best, sturdiest and most reliable brands available in canada? any reputable shops in the gta?

-dh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
i weat pumas, they're really light and comfy. They're like slippers that are acceptable wear in public.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
David, I have not yet discovered the joy of wearing cowboy boots and last year I thought of buying a pair but it never materialized. I heard people here and there talking about how comfortable they are. It certainly is a cool look.

I was looking for a bolo tie last year actually and went to this place called Bootmaster (bootmaster.com); it's right on Yonge Street, on the east side of the street, can't remember what's around there but a short walk up from Dundas Square.

I found a great bolo tie. That place is fantastic, great selection, great quality, wonderful service, relaxed atmosphere. I'm going on a limb here but with confidence that they are reputable.

A good place to start, cowboy! :2guns:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,274 Posts
david henman said:
...years ago i discovered the joys of wearing cowboy boots. a good pair of cowboy boots is the ultimate in comfort - you can wear them for days on end without fatigue or pain. as an added bonus, they look great (except with too-short bell bottoms:rolleyes:)

any aficianados here? what are the best, sturdiest and most reliable brands available in canada? any reputable shops in the gta?

-dh
Geez, I find the complete opposite and I've had some pretty good cboy boots in the past. Nothing beats a good pair of Clark walking shoes for complete comfort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
Geez, I find the complete opposite and I've had some pretty good cboy boots in the past. Nothing beats a good pair of Clark walking shoes for complete comfort.
I'm with Jeff on this one CLARKS....shoes and sandles = kick ass comfort :tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,991 Posts
Back in the late 80's / 90's? cowboy boots were the fashion rage, at least in SW Ontario. I had a pair of Boulet's that I wore the sole right out of over the course of a few years. They were indeed the most comfortable pair of footwear I have ever owned! A very close second were Doc's of that era.

I've never owned a pair of boots since, but if I still lived in Calgary I would probably own them again. Don't see too many people wearing them anymore.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,867 Posts
I have a pair of Boulet Python boots. They cost way too much but they're like slippers.



I never wear them anymore.


Basketball shoes are MUCH more comfortable on stage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Milkman said:
Basketball shoes are MUCH more comfortable on stage.
...hmmmmm...never tried basketball shoes.

i do have a few pairs of bowling shoes from value village - very comfortable for stage wear.

-dh
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,398 Posts
Except in the summer time, I wear a pair of Boulet boots almost all the time (not the western type ones tho). You can easily get used to wearing them coz they get really comfy.

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,867 Posts
david henman said:
...hmmmmm...never tried basketball shoes.

i do have a few pairs of bowling shoes from value village - very comfortable for stage wear.

-dh
Basketball shoes


Like slippers
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I'll partially second Chito's post above re these boots....


I wore pretty much those exact boots for years, untill the uppers fell competely to ribbons.... never much liked the squared off toe, but the rest of the boot was great ehough to overlook that....

From them I went to a similar but MUCH sturdier pair of Harley-Davidson hytro boots.... like these...

They're for sale if anyone's interested... heh

The pair of boots I wear most often now is a pair of Canadian Army Garrison Boots


These are the most comfortable boots in the world.... AND they afford a LOT more protection to your feet than Boulet has ever had to offer. A great thing to have when hauling gear

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
Milkman said:
I have a pair of Boulet Python boots. They cost way too much but they're like slippers.



I never wear them anymore.


Basketball shoes are MUCH more comfortable on stage.
I have a pair of Boulet suede cowboy boots that are really comfortable. my wife and kid get embarassed when I wear them. Wuss that I am I don't.

I mostly wear ECCO clogs in the summer and Merill snow mocks all winter.

Can't beat either
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
" Basketball shoes are MUCH more comfortable on stage"

Ya... but they look like crud

Which is fine if you're busking......
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top