·
Premium Member
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fender Custom Shop Master Builder...

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
It was good interview. I wonder though about his longevity at Fender when he said he's been giving thought to starting his own business and said lots of his clients would follow him wherever he went. Not the type of statement that your superiors generally want to hear, especially when broadcast all over the internet.

·
Premium Member
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't watch these guys from Anderton's, because I think they're a couple of downright silly clowns. Totally annoying.
My mother was from England. My dad loved British humour. I mostly get the English and their eccentricities,... and their contradictions,... and their cultural changes and conflicts. I find them entertaining, not annoying at all.

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
It was good interview. I wonder though about his longevity at Fender when he said he's been giving thought to starting his own business and said lots of his clients would follow him wherever he went. Not the type of statement that your superiors generally want to hear, especially when broadcast all over the internet.
Chris Fleming tried that a few years ago. He's back at the Fender Custom Shop now.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My mother was from England. My dad loved British humour. I mostly get the English and their eccentricities,... and their contradictions,... and their cultural changes and conflicts. I find them entertaining, not annoying at all.
That's fine if you like them. I think they're idiots. ;)

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I think they're funny, I get English humour. I don't get enough hard information from their vids. Often I know more about the gear than they seem to. I guess that's where this forum comes in.

·
Registered
250 Posts
These "idiots" are one of the most successful guitar businesses on the planet, do more to advance knowledge of guitars and gear than any other site and have great guests. I'd be lucky to be as "idiotic" as them.
You're entitled to like who you like...and so am I. Knowledge or not, they act like immature fools in their videos.

·
Premium Member
8,564 Posts
I need my reviewers to be 'someone-just-died' serious or i can't watch.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
919 Posts
You're entitled to like who you like...and so am I. Knowledge or not, they act like immature fools in their videos.
I agree that they're not interesting to watch. They SHOULD be. I start a video and they seem like fun lighthearted guys but there's just so much inane chatter and their videos are so directionless. That Pedal Show is a similar premise but those guys are WAAAAAAY more interesting to watch and the quality of their videos is much higher in terms of actually showcasing the gear and explaining their function.

Reactions: DrumBob

·
Registered
919 Posts
I think they're funny, I get English humour. I don't get enough hard information from their vids. Often I know more about the gear than they seem to. I guess that's where this forum comes in.
I feel this as well. They don't seem researched at all on the gear they're demoing and their actual demoing is terrible. I've watched vids looking for a demo of a specific piece of gear they're showing off and I always end up looking elsewhere for a better demo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts