The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

201 - 202 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
You know, at the end of what has been a rather tortuous and occasionally heated thread, I really have to commend you on:

a) putting your money where your mouth is,
b) keeping an open mind,
c) providing a balanced report,
d) being the kind of realist and pragmatist that all of us here should strive to be.

Kudos, buddy.:bow::bow:
+1

Balanced and respectful reviews are always a joy to read.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
I have to add just one more thing that speaks to the quality of service from the Cable manufacturer.
I sent the defective guitar cable back to Mark at Lavacable and was originally going to ask for a refund but have decided to just let Mark fix it and send it back.
Mean while Tony at Evidence Audio has offerred to send me a 12' Forte guitar cable which is a new offering that isn't officially released yet. Its basically the same as his top of the line Lyric HG but with much more flexibility. The Lyric is a pretty stiff cable. So at least now I'll have a back up.
So in spite of the fact that the cables aren't what I'd call "knock your socks off" improvement, there is better clarity to a degree that i can hear. I had to turn my cut knob (too bright) down to half of what it normally is.
But the service and willingness for Mark at Lavacable and Tony at Evidence Audio to go out of their way to provide great service. If you're trying to tweak everything you can out of your equipment high end cables like this could be a good way to do it. They are guaranteed for life
On the other hand I think that 90% of the players are going to be happy with Planet Waves. as they are a very good cable and definitely near enough to the high end offerings for most applications and are also gauranteed for life. I recommend getting the Planet waves from Long&Mquade though as I've heard stories of other music stores giving customers a hard time with returning without the receipt, etc. I've never had a single problem with L&M. They take it back with no reciept and give me a new one.
Even with these high end cables my planet waves will be staying with me as well. With the cables I have, theoretically I shouldn't have to buy another cable in my life and I'll have plenty of back ups.

201 - 202 of 202 Posts