The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Well, I started the main site back in 2001 as basically a hobby web site. The forum was added in late December of 2005. So the forum is still fairly new. Thanks to lot's of help from people here, it has grown pretty steadily since then.

I am really happy with the results and the fact that a lot of people like the idea of a Canadian based site, keeping it free from fools has been challenging. We are hit every day with spammers signing up, we just keep zapping them. The whole idea is to keep it on target.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Accept2 said:
Be sure to check out the new sister site...........
which is...

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Instrumentauction.ca
It would be good if it got more exposure. Those *******s at Ebay keep taking our money and pile it away in Switzerland.............

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Have you guys tried advertising the instrumentacution.ca site on Craigslist, or Kikjiji or any of the other local Canadian Classifieds? It would be great to get some more users on there.

Just some info on the instrumentauction site too. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but that scrolling slide show of the recent auctions on there really bogs down my browser (Firefox). Especially if I have multiple tabs open. I almost have to force quit the browser at times.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Been doing some advertising on google etc, have not hit any of the lists yet. Please help out where you can. It would be a nice alternative to us Canadians, plus help your's truly pay the bills on this forum and the main site :bow:

I have not experienced the issues you describe but I use IE so maybe it's something with Firefox. I will check into that. Get some stuff posted up there boy's... !! PM me for your free voucher.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
I just got permission to plug both sites on another fairly large forum I use (Jam Session). I posted a thread this morning on there. There are a fair amount of Canadians on there, so hopefully that will help out.

If everyone posted info on other forums they use (with permisson). I am sure it would help.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
I made a post on the Toronto Craigslist as well. I will try to do the other canadian cities soon.

More of you guys should really try doing some promoting. While I'd like to see this site grow, we should definitely all be trying to support the instrumentauction.ca site. It's a fantastic idea, and if it takes off and gets some users it would really benefit all of us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts